The first day of the rest of my life...

Oz Sport Fury

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been quite a while since I posted on here, couldn't even remember my damn log in!!

Anyway, I'm in Australia, I have 4 Furys ( 1 is a Dodge Phoenix, Aussie delivery by Chrysler Australia, we don't tell him he's different)

After several years of sitting on my *** and Gunna do this and Gunna do that...

I've invested in renting a workshop with a mate who's a mechanic, he has the front of the shop I'm down the back.

Yesterday I had 2 hoists (lifts) installed and now I'm getting ready to set sail in a life time of Whale Restoration.

Here's a few pics of the beginnings, these are my 2 four door hard tops, 69 Dodge Phoenix Right Hand Drive in matte black and 71 Sport Fury 360/727 car I got from New Jersey and shipped to Australia about 4 years ago.

I hope to bring the 70 Sport Fury 2 door + 71 VIP 2 door to the shop soon so it's gonna be wall to wall C Body hehehe.

Thanks for reading,

Cheers,

Matt

MVIMG_20200904_171022.jpg

IMG_20200904_173914.jpg

IMG_20200904_173947.jpg

IMG_20200904_175804.jpg

Welcome from Finland Matt! Looks good, you can do both cars at same time! Just go between them and use your both hands!
Regards
Mika

Outstanding, looks like a good trip you are embarking on!:thumbsup:

Enjoy "the trip", make it as good as it can be, even with the "side trips", relishing the joy of each temporary destination.

Have fun!
CBODY67

Thanks heaps guys, I'm so happy this forum is alive and well, sad to see so many killed off by endless wannabe Facebook groups that don't do much. I hope to pepper you guys with many questions in the future.

Welcome back good luck with your endeavors. A nice work area always helps.

I thought the previous owner told me it was a VIP III, there's no badges on it to say what it's is to be honest, it's a 360/727 p/s p/b a/c CA car with a million dents and burnt off sun bleached paint but no rust, had a stock whale mouth grille, I have a 71 hideaway complete front to go on it when it's painted.

Well I finished work early, got into the workshop and stripped the front passenger door to replace a broken mirror and found one the glass guides sitting in the bottom of the door, worked out how that went together, tightened them all back up...man the window sits perfect in the body when the doors closed now!! Pulled the driver's door apart and yep same issue, bottom guide laying inside the door, put it back in and same again, window sits perfectly now...thought well we better go test how much quieter it is now with less wind noise, put the crazy crazy hard to install hubcaps back on....with a lump of wood and a hammer!!...got some gas and went up the highway...man it makes a difference how much quieter it is and the windows are so much easier to operate also. Not a bad Friday night boys!!

Here's a pic of her with her hubcaps and my other love a 2016 300 SRT 6.4 sadly you guys make these but don't get them they're export only!!

IMG_20200911_211329.jpg

IMG_20200911_211426.jpg

Well I finished work early, got into the workshop and stripped the front passenger door to replace a broken mirror and found one the glass guides sitting in the bottom of the door, worked out how that went together, tightened them all back up...man the window sits perfect in the body when the doors closed now!! Pulled the driver's door apart and yep same issue, bottom guide laying inside the door, put it back in and same again, window sits perfectly now...thought well we better go test how much quieter it is now with less wind noise, put the crazy crazy hard to install hubcaps back on....with a lump of wood and a hammer!!...got some gas and went up the highway...man it makes a difference how much quieter it is and the windows are so much easier to operate also. Not a bad Friday night boys!!

Here's a pic of her with her hubcaps and my other love a 2016 300 SRT 6.4 sadly you guys make these but don't get them they're export only!!

View attachment 401627

View attachment 401628
Nice
You have a giant shop!

Back