The future of trucking

This truck will probably be built by Diamler down in Mexico like all its other trucks. I'm not sure if Freightliner is owned by Diamler but I do know they make their trucks.
Yes Daimler owns Freightliner. Daimler is the biggest commercial trucking manufacturer in the world.

The first time I saw one of them super sized suckers, I said, How'd a beetle that size get in and my wife said that's no beetle, that's a cockroach. Never saw one as big as a turtle before...
Did you know that nuclear fallout/radiation actually makes cockroaches grow bigger?

LOTGLMFAO. Big az Turtlez aye? Jes don't stand on two of 'um at the same time 'cuz we'll be sendin' out the blood houndz tah find yeah and there won't be any sent for 'um to follow.

What do you folks think? Scania onto something design-wise?

The second photo is an electric rig--driverless it appears (link to article on it included), for "round-the-clock" trucking operations and no CO2 emissions (not counting whatever the powerplants puts out to produce the electricity for the grid).

scania1.jpg

http://newsroom.scania.com/en-group...nges-electric-motorways-a-future-possibility/
scania2.jpg

scania1.jpg

scania2.jpg

They are only good for drop n pik regularly routed shuttles and relays.
Can never be smart enough to make deliveries. You need at least a trained chimpanzee for that...

There isn't a company in this country that could afford insurance on a driverless vehicle.

Ain't gonna happen until Quantum Computers become the size of a tissue box. And you will never find a programmer with enough smarts to know every possible parameter in making deliveries...

Will sell well in Austrailia.

They are only good for drop n pik regularly routed shuttles and relays.
Can never be smart enough to make deliveries. You need at least a trained chimpanzee for that...

Oh yeah, I am with ya on "what" the first usages of "driverless" trucks will be -- and "what" it will take to realize an end state of HIGH automation some organizations are trying to achieve.

Until then, could you see yourself driving something that looks like these trucks..while they still have humans in the seat?

are they useful designs for the work they need to do, or is somebody dreamin' (like some concept cars at auto shows...many will NEVER see the road for a decade or more)?

Back