The paint job and putting a '61 fury back together

Here are some pictures from the iPhone

D020E6AF-B778-43BC-B1C7-6EE49715FCE7.jpeg

F8D513D3-9380-4146-89EE-9B855F6C366E.jpeg

7697049A-700D-442F-A001-1813F48AC0E4.jpeg

Looking good, but I think I'm speaking for all of us when I say you need a different camera.

You're killing us with that thing!:rofl:

I had a front end alignment done and nitrogen put in the tires now since today is old geezer winter's 1st day the car stays put I will not drive this car during the winter months but it will get started once a month .

I just taken more photos and the car is outside I drove it back from getting an alignment and nitrogen put in the tires. My dad drove it up there and I drove it back but there was some play in the steering wheel so the steering box had to be tightened a little more

9C4D0BBC-B3BF-4AA1-A8C7-5311125A543E.jpeg

A12C4C4A-8FDE-4DDE-B15B-28319E5EE72A.jpeg

0194E314-7513-4633-B673-EBD4502AB910.jpeg

Last edited:
I had a front end alignment done and nitrogen put in the tires now since today is old geezer winter's 1st day the car stays put I will not drive this car during the winter months but it will get started once a month .
When you start it, get it up to operating temperature, pump the brakes a few times, then run it through all of the gears, a few seconds in each one at least. Helps keep the seals wet.

I just taken more photos and the car is outside I drove it back from getting an alignment and nitrogen put in the tires. My dad drove it up there and I drove it back but there was some play in the steering wheel so the steering box had to be tightened a little more

View attachment 424691

View attachment 424692

View attachment 424693
You've been given enough grief about your camera already. It did, however, have a serendipitous effect on the right-side view: to my eyes, it makes it look like you found an old photo and scanned it for uploading. Unintentional, but like it!

The reason why my Plymouth script is not on the hood and the spear is not on the passenger fender is I do not have the clips to hold them they went bad and I am trying to locate some if some one here has spare clips please let me know thank you. This forward looker is hitting the sack I got to get up early to go to work last week was 7 days and almost 67 hours.

View attachment 429602 Those barrel clips above are for the Plymouth script or the fender spears?
Scored a set of NOS spears recently.

Nice find Ken. You'll need to measure the studs on the spears. The clips come in different sizes. The pins on the hood and side fender script are smaller I believe. I'll need to get some for my NOS spears when the time comes.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I also picked up this rust free fender with mascara trim. IDK if these are the factory fasteners for spear trim? This what they look like.
What about those square push on fasteners like on hood and rear deck Plymouth emblems?
So far I haven't had very good luck in removing those clips without breaking post.
Would you guys reuse the square clips or look for something else?

I got the clips thank you here is another photo of it parked in the garage waiting for car show and cruise in season the carburetor is running rich right now I am guessing it’s a bad carburetor when I filled itI out the shell vpower fuel. In the tank but I did put the Lucas ethanol treatment in the tank 1st. I went to a face book page called 1961 Plymouth called crazy people with ugly cars I have seen a photo of my other '61 burned at car port ( photo was taken 2014 ) some one had to make a smart *** comment that it can be buffed out I commented back that the '61 fury in the photo was my car and I would not be making smart *** comments about it and you would be just as pissed off as I was if that was your '61 fury

BB1719CE-B81F-42CA-9221-DDD32DA296FE.jpeg

7013E4D2-550B-4CD7-8C1E-439E6878525B.jpeg

Last edited:
Calm down Steph. Just bury the dead and be thankful you were able to move on, Who cares what some moron has to say....

Your car is looking great!!!!

Will I did bury the dead but this moron who is a lawyer decided to exhume it from its grave. I still did not find the comment very funny and if that was some one else's '61 fury I would of been very considerate of the owner's feelings

Does any one here know were I can the windows tinted and it looks like the tint from the factory? Or were a tint shop has window tint that looks like the factory tint when my '61 was new? I know back then they had factory tinted windows but you had to order it from the factory. I believe the tint was a green back then

Last edited:
Does any one here know were I can the windows tinted and it looks like the tint from the factory? Or were a tint shop has window tint that looks like the factory tint when my '61 was new? I know back then they had factory tinted windows but you had to order it from the factory. I believe the tint was a green back then

Factory installed Solex tinted glass, It was a green tint. No aftermarket film tint will look right Steph. just forget about tinting or find factory tinted glass.

Back