The Rarest Fusie

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Brochure Classic: 1971 Plymouth Fury I Coupe – The Rarest Of All The Fuselages?

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog...fury-i-coupe-the-rarest-of-all-the-fuselages/

Plymouth-1971-Fury-I-2-door-coupe.png

All content is the sole opinion of the provided link.
Do not shoot the messenger. Thank you.

A that would be a PE23? My book doesn't show any but it does show 5,152 PE21 so I feel like I haven't been helpful.

The listing in The Encyclopedia of American Cars as a Fury I Sedan 2-door or Fury I Custom Sedan 2d. Both of those combined come to the number Matt said: 5,152. No break out is given. However, since they are both pillared coupes, and the pic doesn't say which it was, I'm going to say that the correct number is 5,152. Almost any of the Sport Furys had lower production.

Only 2,487 Hardtop Sedan Polaras were made that year. 3,195 Monaco Hardtop coupes. 4,485 New Yorker hardtop coupes.

So, by production numbers? Not rarest. Survivors? Maybe. There were for sure a lot of years where a stripper 2-door was really unloved.

Which isn't to say I don't like Curbside Classics. I poke around there every now and then. I don't look to them as the definitive resource for automobilia. But I like the idea. I look at neighborhoods by what cool old cars are around. I have said to people, "Oh, you live by that Alfa GTV. Cool!"

That's what I was looking for and my sentiments exactly...

I have three fuselage cars I'm my garage and the production total of those three do not equal 5 k

Strap my face to that and I'll tell you all the war-time secrets you want to know. Wouldn't care if my eyes were swollen shut for a week after that! By the looks of it, I'd end up with cauliflower ears too! An 'E' ticket at the Magic Kingdom for sure!

Last edited:
Back