The Restoration of The Redlight Bandit

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
The Redlight Bandit was a popular & sucessfull Pro Stock car owned & driven by Bill Bagshaw. There where several Redlight Bandit cars over the years however this is a photo spread of the 71 Dodge Challenger. The work was performed at Bucky Hess's shop Bucky's Lmt. Bucky Hess is the owner & driver of the King Kuda SS/AH Hemi Barracuda. I will include some pics of his beautifull Cuda as well as some of the other Redlight Bandits. Enjoy the photos. They are courtesy of John Laube who is also who sent me the vintage Polaroids of Don Carltons shop back in the 70's that I have posted in an earlier thread. There are a lot of pics & I will post them as I can.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Some of the Redlight Bandit Challenger from back when it was being raced

Amazing how back in the day they went to such lengths to drill lightening holes all over the car, even drilling out the hinges to save weight. That's good detail there for sure.

Amazing how back in the day they went to such lengths to drill lightening holes all over the car, even drilling out the hinges to save weight. That's good detail there for sure.
Yes that's true Gary. On my drag car I have spent hours riffle drilling out the center of bolts & cutting them to down to only be as long as necessary. I even drilled the steering column on mine. One reason why it's 2850 pounds

Last edited:
I'm reminded of the Bob Glidden quote.. "If I throw it up in the air, and it comes down, it's too heavy".

Back