The Servprolara

Wyatt is doing right by Servprolara.
This wagon was used hard and left for dead, almost thrown away.
Folks, you have to see the wagon in person to feel the vibe this thing gives.
It oozes character, and Wyatt gets that.
Luckily, he has a 70 wagon he can play with and preserve the 69.
He even has Servpro's blessing and is allowed to run the car with the company's logo.
That itself is huge as some companies can be dicks about that.
Compared to some police departments, you cannot run an ex- cop car in full dress and must cover the lights and door crests.

Wyatt is doing right by Servprolara.
This wagon was used hard and left for dead, almost thrown away.
Folks, you have to see the wagon in person to feel the vibe this thing gives.
It oozes character, and Wyatt gets that.
Luckily, he has a 70 wagon he can play with and preserve the 69.
He even has Servpro's blessing and is allowed to run the car with the company's logo.
That itself is huge as some companies can be dicks about that.
Compared to some police departments, you cannot run an ex- cop car in full dress and must cover the lights and door crests.
You can't say that and do what he did. He did "preserve" the 69. Certainly not install black bucket seats. Can it go back? Sure . The same thing with the tailgate. Wheels, exhaust, engine whatever. That's my gnaw.

Oh and Servpro would never say, take it off, nor would they have legal standing to do so.
A police car is a completely different story, impersonating a police officer. No one is impersonating the Servpro guy.

You can't say that and do what he did. He did "preserve" the 69. Certainly not install black bucket seats. Can it go back? Sure . The same thing with the tailgate. Wheels, exhaust, engine whatever. That's my gnaw.
That interior was roached, so I don't see any issue with the dash pad being replaced. Should he have left the interior in the sad state it was in? Where is the line for acceptable cosmetic maintenance vs too far? He is doing everything I will do to my wagon, will it be ruined too? (Maybe not the right word, ruined)

Nothing is wrong with any of it.
Its The verbiage in saying preserve or keeping it original . It's like saying it's a survivor car but it's been repainted, no. It can't be both ways.
Your car is building it the way you wanted, his green polara is right now too. The way he wants it, not preserved, not original, not a survivor. It is what it is , a 69 Polara wagon with liberties taken .

Nothing is wrong with any of it.
Its The verbiage in saying preserve or keeping it original . It's like saying it's a survivor car but it's been repainted, no. It can't be both ways.
Your car is building it the way you wanted, his green polara is right now too. The way he wants it, not preserved, not original, not a survivor. It is what it is , a 69 Polara wagon with liberties taken .
I'm glad I don't care about labels. All my cars are survivors, some are surviving better than others! :rofl:

It's a classification. Original, modified, restified, restored, survivor but I understand your point . :thumbsup:

I have just read thru this whole thread, phone has a weak battery, took me 2 nights after work to get thru it.... .
I've met ya before, seen the car, you know Nick.... I'm his Dad. Met ya at Jim Rhinehart's swap in Rockford, and have seen your car parked at a couple of other shows ....
Nick had the green 72 with the 440 and bought the gold and woodgrain 72 out of Colorado as a " parts car" that he wound up keeping and sold the green one back to the guy he got it from (up around McHenry area) i forgot the guys name up there.
I have a fury too, mines a b body version.... 78 2 door.
I still wonder if that green wagon Nick first had might have been my dad's 72 that he had back around 79-80.... Though it now has a 440, it's originally a 360 car (which my dad's was)
And was dead nuts IDENTICAL to the car dad had back then. .. .
My parents had the 72 as well as a 73 fury 3 seat wagon at the same time, the 73 was almost "sublime" green (think: 70 superbird) with woodgrain. The 72 was a "custom suburban" while the 73 was a "sport suburban" and had a 2 bbl 400.
This was a couple of years before i got my license, we still had the 73 for a while after i got my license....
I never got the chance to drive that 72 to compare but for some reason everyone who drove both, liked the 73 alot better than the 72 ( my dad and brother actually hated the 72 back then, for some unknown reason)
I know my dad was always complaining about gas mileage of the 360 vs the bigger 400 in the 73.
I don't know how either was geared in the back though.

Last edited:
One more thing. Add me to the list of those that don't "get" the thing about "settling" for a Chrysler or a Plymouth" vs a Dodge branded car....
When i was a kid in the late 70s and early 80s i rarely saw a polara or a Monaco. Most of the C bodies around where i grew up (south suburbs of Chicago) were Chrysler or Plymouth.
I didn't start seeing many dodge c bodies til the 74-78s..... But mechanically underneath they were pretty much identical between Chrysler Dodge and Plymouth back then....

Not a wagon. A 73 4 door, green. Don't know anything about it, looks to be in pretty good shape.
There's a NICE 72 dodge c body wagon (think it's a polara, rather than a Monaco- haven't seen it in almost a year) that shows up each year at the Dwight harvest days show, it's a cream color with green interior, it's an old ISP car ....
On that 73 polara it's sitting out, there's a few other similar vintage cars around it. Just east of old rt66 a block, and south of 17 about 3 blocks, west side of road.
One thing about that green 73 is it has a busted wing window on passenger side.
Was the wing windows a "dodge thing"? I don't see them on plymouths i think I've seen some Chrysler branded fuselage c bodies with them, but others without...

Back