The Sport Fury S/23: how many survived?

What does Mopar call the wheels that I know as Magnum 500's

Chrome Road Wheels or some variation.
Chrome_Road_Wheels_800.jpg

Well here are my latest updates, put in a set of gears 355's and pulled the cam that was three teeth off out and went to a bigger cam. All mechanical's are done and just got the correct reproduction exhaust tips that look really cool. Doing the Magnaflow mufflers next and getting rid of the Flowmaster's. Just spoke to Firm feel and are getting the poly suspension kit Bilstein adjustable shocks and rear sway bar. Window components getting redone, they are a little stiff from the cold BC weather LOL. Then paint and last interior. Thanks guys for the help with the interior!! Took it to a big Mopar show that is by invitation only Called 16th Annual Mopars at Merits on April 30th and won Diamond in The Rough should show up on his face book page. At the end we did not brake tradition and did our burn out that was one of the best ones!!

I've had two chances to trade my car one for a 69 Dart convertible all redone and one for a 1971 Charger SuperBee but its just such a cool car and draws so much attention I just can't part with it. Its a beast and its really fast getting hooked on it. my son says lets go boating lol he loves it as well!! Pictures to follow.

On the Fury registry they show only 14 S/23 and I just found a GT convertible and an S/23 but completely rusted out.

i will have 2 for sale next summer hopefully... one FK5 383 N code and a B5 318 car...both need total resto..

Hellcat, the pics that fc7-plumcrazy posted, and from cancritter said in post 286 are of my stepdads S/23. Those pics were taken at the hotel we stayed at in 2016 for Chryslers @ Carlisle.

fc7-plumcrazy, in post 262 its a shame for that S/23 sitting rotting away. As much as I really like cragar wheels, its' to bad there is one on it. As 1970cat said there are some good parts cars there. Hope it can and will be saved

Hellcat, the pics that fc7-plumcrazy posted, and from cancritter said in post 286 are of my stepdads S/23. Those pics were taken at the hotel we stayed at in 2016 for Chryslers @ Carlisle.

Does your Step Dad still have the car?

Looks very nice!

:thumbsup:

Pentacar, I'm in love with the S/23 with gator top. Love the burnt orange color especially. What engine, 383? Two thumbs up:thumbsup:

Last edited:
1978 NYB, yes he does. He owned it since 1983. He bought it from the original owners. The car has always been CT owned. Original DY2 car. Original engine blew up under warranty and had a 71 warranty block put in. All interior is original except headliner. Original wood-grain steering wheel, bucket seat and console car. Original clock delete, (now has oil pressure gauge) My stepdad did a resto in about the 1990's. Car was featured in High Performance Mopar in 1992. Galen Govier decoded V.I.N. in 1998.

Last edited:
70GTBasketcase, Really sorry I'm now adding my 2 cents in so late. In post 24, that's now Multifurys S/23. I've been having a discussion with him. In post 38 in the 2nd ad, the seller obviously knows very little about the S/23. Sound like the description of Multifurys S/23 as well. Also in post 39, that is the same S/23 from the registry. It's my stepdads car. The license plates were changed.

Here is a yellow 1970 seen at Carlisle in 1994:

Back