The Sport Fury S/23: how many survived?

This one was pulled out of storage and put on ebay for 14,000... bidding lagged at 7600 and i didn't see what it finally sold for but it found its way to Wisconsin and was posted to the registry. Don't know what was done with it after that. I think it had a burnt orange interior too -wow orange on orange, what a combo.
in the registry wisconsin.jpg

OOOOH we ALL know about this one now. Kudo's to the member that found it because even my most recent search didn't find it anywhere except here on the c bodies site.
we all know this one.jpg

1994-carlisle-png.92295

Carlisle 94? I dont think that is correct. Id bet my nuts that the show didnt get up the hill in its 4th year.

The registry has 6 more cars listed as S/23, 5 have pictures -its The S/23 in Sussex England that has no photo, but the one in Voss Norway has a pic and is in nice shape... this is probably the one I found in Mopar Muscle magazine that member fc7_plumcrazy said found its way to Norway:
an s23 in voss norway.jpg

Last edited:
This one was pulled out of storage and put on ebay for 14,000... bidding lagged at 7600 and i didn't see what it finally sold for but it found its way to Wisconsin and was posted to the registry. Don't know what was done with it after that. I think it had a burnt orange interior too -wow orange on orange, what a combo.
View attachment 92298

wondering if this is same car....one of my fav interior colors
Rich_Trubia_S23_Int.jpg

Rich_Trubia_S23_DS.jpg
Rich_Trubia_S23_PS.jpg

Last edited:
So there you have it... About 29 S/23's.

Possibly this Billy Fury fellow I found out about in my searches, and Dan -of course- may have a couple of S/23's squirreled away but since no pics of them on the internet there is no accounting for them. What say you membership... did you find any?

One of those red one's was probably mine at one point. It was a N-code car, that the engine was used for a roadrunner, and the roller sold at the nats, in the late 80's.

So what happened to this one? In the "registry" this S/23 was being offered as the "parts car" by Dan for the infamous "1/2 a fury" now being restored by some poor guy who only now knows what a project he fell face first into... boy don't i know about that!
But seriously, kill a rare S/23 for a rare GT? Isn't that like killing a Dodo for the egg? Just sayin...
View attachment 92245
....Humm,...well while you were busy chatting on the Internet, you missed a 70 Sport Fury S/23, F7, 383HP, buckets and console. Georgia $3500. A decent car, sold last week.

....Humm,...well while you were busy chatting on the Internet, you missed a 70 Sport Fury S/23, F7, 383HP, buckets and console. Georgia $3500. A decent car, sold last week.

OOOOHHH!! Were did it come up? I do image searches, CL searches and classified searches but i keep coming up with the same results and that Georgia car SHOULD have come up. I clear the cache on these stupid browsers but they seem to simply remember and serve up what ever they found the first time I searched. I need a better way to carry out these searches!!

That's my problem with searches. So many times my search words aren't picked up but a week later the sold or too late link is there...WTF?

I'm going to start a "How To Be a Search Engine Master" class.
Enrollment limited to 10,000.

Remember in high school while your math class was on the subect of algorithms and you said, "Why do I have to learn this stuff? I'll never use it"...

I was looking up skirts and down shirts in High School ....36 24 34 was all I needed to know

Back