The wave of disappointment is moving over me as I type.

I have been working on TB, my 1973 Imperial. I am working on the loose windshield. I have been taking it very slow and patiently, removing trim and getting the glass to slowly unseal the last few inches.
I was so close I tell ya, close. Then pop goes the crack. Uugghhh!!!
Sorry but I need a windshield.

View attachment 574114

View attachment 574115

View attachment 574116

View attachment 574117
Cracked a 70 Fury coupe windshield. Massive amounts of sealant to break through. I ended up breaking the windshield. You are not alone.

Good luck finding another!

ECS offers brand new Glass with correct etching of your choice.

Brand New Glass etched with the correct manufacturer logo & your date code!

Available in Clear, Factory Correct Tint or Smoked!

Many Years, Makes & Models Available, contact us for a quote or availability!

If you have any questions, contact us at:

Glass Orders Take 4-6 Weeks

ECS offers brand new Glass with correct etching of your choice.

Thanks, they have some very nice products. I understand that they are a B,E some A body supplier.

Thanks, they have some very nice products. I understand that they are a B,E some A body supplier.
They list the windshield wehn choosing 1973 Chrysler so I would try and send them a request. Quick and easy.
1672843139458.png

Oh man, what a bummer, was at Princess Auto recently and saw a windshield removal kit that included the lanyard/ wire that you use with two people as described by Livininharrow.
How were the windshilds on the Imp and NY at McLeans, do you want me to go by and take a look? All the snow is gone up here on the escarpment.
Do the windshields differ from 4 door to 2 door?

Oh man, what a bummer, was at Princess Auto recently and saw a windshield removal kit that included the lanyard/ wire that you use with two people as described by Livininharrow.
How were the windshilds on the Imp and NY at McLeans, do you want me to go by and take a look? All the snow is gone up here on the escarpment.
Do the windshields differ from 4 door to 2 door?
All the glass up at the yard is toast... But the one car I did not check was the 72 Imperial, it is way back in the field.

All the glass up at the yard is toast... But the one car I did not check was the 72 Imperial, it is way back in the field.
The glass on the 72 Imp is good, I will send a pic later just busy right now. I was just there today for you.
You won't get that glass off now anyway. The glass on the NYer you pulled a part off of has no glass/ busted.
Asked John what glass goes for and he said about $150 bucks.

The glass on the 72 Imp is good, I will send a pic later just busy right now. I was just there today for you.
You won't get that glass off now anyway. The glass on the NYer you pulled a part off of has no glass/ busted.
Asked John what glass goes for and he said about $150 bucks.
Very nice, thank you.
I have been calling around, the only positive is I got a part number for National Auto Glass DW725GBN

Did you hear back from Eddy?
He had no luck finding a windshield. Did say he would install when I did find.
All the C-bodies and Imperial use the same windshield, so shows my parts book. Some sites say that there C-body glass won't fit Imperial. I wondering if this might be why I am not finding glass by asking for Imperial.
I might start asking for NewYorker.
If I search Newyorker in the states I have found available. I would love to find on the north side of border so I can go pick up. If no luck up here, I will try the buffalo warehouse.

Here are the pics I took today, not the best but the glass is intact from what i can see.
The hood was stuck in that position so didn't want to move it.
IMG_3396.JPG
IMG_3397.JPG

IMG_3398.JPG

the white car is the wrong body style, thats a formal imp. aint gonna work.
any 69-73 c body hardtop windshield is what you need.

I know there are som Newports in that range and a 70 2 door hardtop Monaco that I am scavanging where the glass is good
4546163228_82c2de7fcd_k.jpg

Thanks Marko, just took a pic of the car Jackson and I removed a part from last time we were there, the glass is pooched anyway. I thing the blue Imp. glass should work.

I am thinking of trying the company. I just not sure about giving payment info before confirmation.

Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 4.52.33 PM.jpeg

Back