The wave of disappointment is moving over me as I type.

I guess I’m still confused as to what prompted removing the windshield in the first place…
The windshield was not sealed to car, the only seal remaining was the bottom edge and that had gaps. As I drove the windshiels would constantly clunk along with the road surface. I could push and lift it from frame, the trim was keeping it from bouncing farther and breaking.
So I planned to get it ready for new tape and reinstall. Then a $1000.00 CDN pop and crack.

Last edited:
The windshield was not sealed to car, the only seal remaining was the bottom edge and that had gaps. As I drove the windshiels would constantly clunk along with the road surface. I could push and lift it from frame, the trim was keeping it from bouncing farther and breaking.
So I planned to get it ready for new tape and reinstall. Then a $1000.00 CDN pop and crack.
HA! Sounds like extreme slipshod Safelite Repair, Safelite Replace job!

Find someone to install the windshield using what the "Factory Service Manual" recommends, period. There is a reason why the engineers of Chrysler did it that way.
Are you or any modern glass installer smarter than them?
From the 1973 Dodge Factory Body Service Manual:

DODGE.FSM.SHORTCUT.SEALING.METHODS.jpg

The reason why you are in this situation is because someone didn't follow the FSM in the first place. What does this car mean to you? Are you just looking at a toy that you will get tired of in a short while and flip it? If that's the case just slap it on anyway you can and let the next sucker worry about it.

Find someone to install the windshield using what the "Factory Service Manual" recommends, period. There is a reason why the engineers of Chrysler did it that way.

View attachment 575299

The reason why you are in this situation is because someone didn't follow the FSM in the first place. What does this car mean to you? Are you just looking at a toy that you will get tired of in a short while and flip it? If that's the case just slap it on anyway you can and let the next sucker worry about it.

Thats how you would do it? Just slap **** together and call the next owner a sucker?

Last edited:
Picked up the new windshield, removed the old windshield and sealer. Just need to get the installer over to do his thing.
I also cleaned up and painted the speaker grill/ defrost panel.

IMG_2709.jpeg

IMG_2710.jpeg

IMG_2724.jpeg

IMG_2723.jpeg

IMG_2722.jpeg

IMG_2721.jpeg

IMG_2725.jpeg

Last edited:
You're going about it the right way, document what the installer uses and how he went about it for the next individual.
Showing the next person the care you went through in doing it right and it will add value to the car.
I don't follow everyone's advice on here neither. Some I do and some I don't.
By the way, do you get some type of warranty if installed by a pro?

View attachment 575299

Not afraid to say it! Surprised by your answer, good advice and bad advice all wrapped in one.
Expected more from an old man with a hat?

img_2722-jpeg.jpg

"removed the old windshield and 'sealer'. Your joking right?

That's what I can't stand about young people, can't teach them nothing. I surprised you didn't throw down a hate card like other places when the youngsters hear something they don't like.
Welp good luck turning your car into a shitbox, let us know how much you pay for the install.

:realcrazy:

View attachment 576293

"removed the old windshield and 'sealer'. Your joking right?

That's what I can't stand about young people, can't teach them nothing. I surprised you didn't throw down a hate card like other places when the youngsters hear something they don't like.
Welp good luck turning your car into a shitbox, let us know how much you pay for the install.

:realcrazy:
Control yourself man!
Can an "Old Man With a Hat " status be revoked.
He's getting a pro to do the job, then you said " Just slap it together for the next sucker".
I don't think he was offended, just surprised, as I was about your answer.
Who says we are young, no need for a hate card, just makes us wonder the condition your cars will be when you go to sell / slap them together for the next sucker!
Your little green emoji is that for us or for you.
How about you just ignore this thread.

Have a nice Fday!
PT

Looks flippin fantastic, what's his name will see your reflection in the new glass and realise you are not young !
How long does the butyl take to cure?
It was installed on Tuesday, the installer used urethane windshield adhesive. With my help we got it to the perfect depth, fits better than the original. I let it sit before installing the trim till today, polished the trim while it was off.

It was installed on Tuesday, the installer used urethane windshield adhesive. With my help we got it to the perfect depth, fits better than the original. I let it sit before installing the trim till today, polished the trim while it was off.
Curious did your original windshield have the blue hue at the top also? It looks good anyway.

You'll have to start a new thread...The wave of satisfaction or relief!
Good job buddy, moving TB closer to the finish line.

Have a nice day,

PT

Was that Eddy who installed? (Pics won't show on work wifi)
Yes Eddy did the instal with me. He was surprised it was an old car, I showed Eddy the Challenger I am building and my wagon with a cracked windshield. He is not interested at all in doing the wagon gasket rubber, the Challenger he was a maybe.
Not sure why the glass people have a problem with old cars, after doing the glass install with Eddy, I will do Challenger if he doesn't want to.
total time on install, 30min. Nice guy.
Thank you for the contact.

Back