They on their way!

Was very sad day I shipped out my 300, renault and my little track bmw. I am moving from Texas to buffalo ny to help out my parents. 3rd week July I'll be up there and I am going to surprise my 93yo grandfather, as the 300 was his and he hasn't seen it run in almost 20 years. He hasn't long left so that's why I shipped the cars now.

If he's able to go for a ride I'm sure that would bring some memories flooding back.

They made it safe and sound. My father called and was in tears how nice the old 300 is. Due to his health he cant travel and hasn't seen it restored. He was sitting in it reving up the engine. The hauler asked if he could buy it, my dad said over 3 generations of dead bodies this car would be sold.

IMG_1167.jpg

Last edited:
They made it safe and sound. My father called and wad in tears how nice the old 300 is. Due to his health he can travel and hasn't seen it restored. He was sitting in it review up the engine. The hauler asked if he could buy it, my dad said over 3 generations of dead bodies this car would be sold.
Awesome.

Glad they made it safely. I know how nerve wracking an be.

They made it safe and sound. My father called and was in tears how nice the old 300 is. Due to his health he cant travel and hasn't seen it restored. He was sitting in it reving up the engine. The hauler asked if he could buy it, my dad said over 3 generations of dead bodies this car would be sold.

Good for you! Glad he was able to sit in her and giver a rev! The biggest regret I have is not getting my Dad's car restored before he passed. Funny thing is it was more important to me than it was to him I found out later. He was happy that I was enjoying the journey more so than the destination. I'm sure your Dad was thrilled!

Very heartwarming moment for the both of you ... I know you are looking forward to enjoying it with them in person

What a great story! I know exactly how your Dad feels, I'm the same way every time I go into the garage and stop to check out the Fury. Each visit seems to evoke yet another memory of years gone by, some make me grin, some bring on the tears.

You guys are lucky my dad wanders by tells me I should sell all these old cars and invest the money, then gets in his Subaru and drives off, love him still but some people are just not car guys.

You guys are lucky my dad wanders by tells me I should sell all these old cars and invest the money, then gets in his Subaru and drives off, love him still but some people are just not car guys.

My dad was in the car business all his adult life, and he didn't like cars. . .

Funny how I became a life long C-body guy so young. My father alwats bought them and that's where it developed for me.
The funny part was he looked at them as expensive appliances. He had no particular fondness for them itself.

My dad worked in a bank when I was born, I guess waaaay back then they would also do collections, now of course that is all passed onto a company that handles that. He and a couple others would pick up cars, bang on doors for late payments for siding, new furnace, whatever. Dealing with lots of car dealers he was turning over cars though the mid sixties, I apparently fell in love with a 65 Corvair and cried and balled to no end as he traded it away for a 2 month old 68 Biscayne 2 door post, a cool car but it only had a 6cyl and no power nothing, that and a beetle we kept for a long time because he had promoted upward then left banking altogether. He always likes the dealing on a car back and forth walking out numerous times or walking out telling them to stick the car well you get the idea. I have always admired his ability to walk away from a deal just because the money side is not right, I cannot do that I get sucked in by the car the money becomes ahhh sure what the hell, and I have buyers remorse about halfway though signing my first name.

My dad turned wrenches for a living. To him they are just cars.

That's the main reason I never wanted to work on them for a living, I get little to no satisfaction from fixing broken or worn out stuff on DD it's just another chore to get though, like mowing the grass, requires no thought just R&R.

That's the main reason I never wanted to work on them for a living, I get little to no satisfaction from fixing broken or worn out stuff on DD it's just another chore to get though, like mowing the grass, requires no thought just R&R.
Therein lies the difference between a hobby and work. I have a number of hobbies and if not careful I get too involved and have to quit when it starts to feel like work. At this point I have about 5 hobbies in limbo.
:lol:

Back