This is amazing!

We had the party on Saturday but her birthday was actually on the 26th.
Thanks again guys for the kind words, I'm honored to be related to her and thanks for that offer Mark, had I known I probably would have taken you up on it.

Congratulations on that milestone! 100 is amazing. She has seen the world change. Obviously she has stayed active & genes make up a good part, but does she have any other tips?

Belated congrats, Matt. My grandpa lives in our house at 93, but not all that fit and a bit less independent but still not bad for this age.

Grandma lived to see 101 and almost a month, she passed away the Sunday before Christmas. She spent the last 6 months in hospice care and although she was too weak to even communicate the last couple of weeks she was still sharp and a pleasure to be around. I believe she was suffering at the end even though she wasn't in any pain and now she is in a better place, may she rest in peace.

My condolences. My grandpa is still around at 94, condition is still alright about the same as last year.

Sorry for your loss Matt, My dad just turned 97 a week before Christmas but unfortunately always in extreme pain but he is
sharp as a tack, however he is starting to lose it and rambling on nonsense at times. His mobility is very bad and he needs a ton of attention the past few years. I can see it every day that he is having more & more trouble getting around with even his walker. But I would not change a thing (except for his clothes now and then ) :eek:ops:

I'm sorry to read this, Matt. Over time I have seen that you have strong family bonds. Sorry for the loss, brother.

Posted via Topify on Android

Thanks all of you and yes, tons of great memories!

Sorry about your Grandma, she was around a good long time, but it's always too soon when they are gone. Grandmas are special people.

Sorry for your loss Matt, seems like she had a great life and an even better family.

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your grandma. She must have been very special! I can only imagine the great stories she told through the years. I've been loosing some older folk in my church this past year, they are a treasure to listen to, and it's sad to see them go.

Sorry for your loss, Matt. I have no grand mothers any longer, so I can feel the pain...

Back