Throttle Cable Cross-Overs; 1966 Models?

Brad Nelson

Reaction score
Trying to get information off the Internet is like trying to get a glass of water from Niagara Falls.

I'm in need of a throttle cable for my '66 Fury.
Information searches come up with everything from "It doesn't exist" to "It's the same as the pick-up truck's" to "It's the same as any B-body of that year".
All I want is a throttle cable. Not re-invent the wheel.
If y'all could be kind enough to point me to a part #, a part web page, or even the correct size/length (in the case of something like Lokar), I'd be greatly appreciative and would toast you with a mug of your favorite beverage.

TIA

Ripinator

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Trying to get information off the Internet is like trying to get a glass of water from Niagara Falls.

I'm in need of a throttle cable for my '66 Fury.
Information searches come up with everything from "It doesn't exist" to "It's the same as the pick-up truck's" to "It's the same as any B-body of that year".
All I want is a throttle cable. Not re-invent the wheel.
If y'all could be kind enough to point me to a part #, a part web page, or even the correct size/length (in the case of something like Lokar), I'd be greatly appreciative and would toast you with a mug of your favorite beverage.

TIA

As @Big_John frequently sez:

"Download the parts manual here: Parts Manuals – MyMopar

Figure out the part number and search by that number."

Ross Wooldridge

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score

Brad Nelson

Reaction score
Part number 2465 485. Fits 1966 B body with 273 or 426 Hemi, 1966 C body 383/440, 1966 Imperial with 440

Does NOT fit B body with 318 poly, or 361 or 383. That part number is 2658 748 & 2658 749 (383 )

Fits 64 65 66 Imperial 65 66 C-Body Fury Chrysler 300 Polara Throttle Cable | eBay

Fits 66 B-Body Charger Coronet Satellite Belvedere 1966 Hemi Throttle Cable | eBay
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!

And to everyone else who's helped; Thank You!

The interesting thing is that Ross's links are to Van's Auto Ebay store. But if I go to Van's website they show this out of stock.
Doesn't matter, gonna purchase!

FWIW; I'm not lazy on looking things up. I just have learned that there are those who have this kind of info in their hip pocket. I'd rather go direct and be appreciative and pay-it-forward if something comes up from someone else and I have the info.
Again, thanks all.