Tilt Steering Column with Floor Shifter for 65 Fury III

MNT65

Reaction score
How do all? First, was a tilt column an option for the 65 Fury? If so, did it come with an option for floor shifter instead of column shifter? If not, what Mopar steering column will work, or after market recommendations? I’m converting from column shifter to floor and installing power steering and need the tilt for more room for me in my convertible! Yes, I’m a large individual (okay, I’m heavier than I should be!!). Anyway, thank you all in advance…

Yes, I believe that floor shift/console was standard Sport Fury fare. This would be the last year for cable-shift version.

Tilt wheel is actually a Saginaw assembly, which Chrysler purchased from GM during those years. They are getting pretty hard to come by. I met a Chevy guy who told me that he stripped the columns from a pair of Chryslers, for spares for his Caprice . . .

Give Murray Park (Tiffin Ohio) a shot www.cbodies.com
He is going to Carlisle. If you are going also that would save you some shipping.
Omni

Mark, thank you for the reply. Can you please send me some pics and where are you located? What would it take for you depart with it?

Back