Timing chain TNT 440 vendor

GOLDMYN

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for someone to steer me to a vendor for my 1968 Chrysler NewYorker 440/TNT timing chain kit. not looking for cheap. factory stock replaceement. I appreciate suggestions, also gaskets needed. Mike

Cloyes, Edelbrock, Mopar Perforance are good. I'm sure others will comment with some other brands.

Cloyes, Edelbrock, Mopar Perforance are good. I'm sure others will comment with some other brands.
just looking for a square deal from a known vendor. Is the one hole ok vs the slot type, I'm a rookie at ordering the proper one. 3 hole or 1 hole

Last edited:
All stock cams (except 440-6 and 426HEMI) have a "one hole" attachment (one cam bolt holding the sprocket to the cam). The 440-6 and 426HEMI stock cams have three bolts holding the sprocket to the cam, hence "three bolt". Aftermarket cams come either way.

All aftermarket timing chain sets have steel sprockets in them. The difference is the type of chain in them. Stock or roller chain. For ultimate longevity, the roller chain is the known champion, with well past 400K on one Cloyes Street Roller I put in an engine. We know that the stock-type chain can last at least 100K miles. Your judgment call. If you get one which happens to have "multi-keyways", make sure you match the keyways with each other, usually in the "0" advance/retard position.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

I'm a rookie at ordering the proper one. 3 hole or 1 hole
If by three hole, you mean three bolt style, those are generally only needed for hipo or race cams. One bolt style, with alignment hole or slot is the one you want. All metal, double roller will last you a very long time.

yeah, I went with Melling and the vendor is "parts geek" I've bought from them before, no problems.

Back