To Tint or Not to Tint, That is the question.

Here is the most back-handed, typical-of-the-Internet comment ever: I have never particularly liked that body style before and generally stay out of Formal discussions. But that car is stunning and I want it so bad. The two-tone is perfect, and the tint fits it just right.

The tint fits. I'm wanting to do this on the wife NYBS. Her car has good air, but damn, it has a LOT of glass area! Not as much as my wagon, but still a bunch.

Looks great, Stan.

Looks great Stan and I think Ross will like it too.

Windshield is not allowed to be tinted.
State laws vary. I went with 35% tint which is lighter than what Florida allows.
I didn't want to go gangsta or incur the wrath of the police.
I spent the money and got the "Crystaline" tint which is maximum heat reduction.
Zac, the cost was $185.00.

BTW, Zac, I'm studying the ATC II wiring diagram to determine how I can used a hidden switch to bypass the system and get a full 13V going to the blower

$185 aint bad! Now that I'm on the laptop, I'm really digging it! Fits in perfect with the colors.

Keep us up on how it turns out with the ATC. A lot of people will benefit from it! Luckily I've never had to deal with it. I've only had the manual A/C.

If the tint fits, wear it! Functionality is key, now you don't have to wear those huge a$$ wrap around sunglasses....

Wow, I would have thought the windshield was tinted much more than that! I don't think you would get away with tinting the windshield at all in California. When I bought my 68 Plymouth Fury, an owner before had tried to make a low rider out of it- dinky wheels, extremely tinted windows, etc. I immediately changed out the wheels but the tinting didn't bother me so I left it. But a funny aside/story - one day I was pulled over by a cop - no reason that I could see. I stopped at a light to turn left, made the turn when the light turned green, saw the cop at the red light going the other direction as I turned. The cop car immediately turned on their light, turned the corner after me and pulled me over. I'm a 60 year old white guy driving this thing and when I roll down my window the cop did a double take that would have made any exaggerated cartoon double take proud. It took me a little while, but I finally realized she had profiled me by my car! She had probably expected some mexican or black driver behind the wheel and had automatically pulled me over as a result. She sputtered and stumbled around a bit and finally managed to tell me she wouldn't give me a ticket that day but that I needed to remove the tinting from at least the front windows - or replace it with a lighter tinting that met the law (yeah so you don't embarrass yourself so badly next time you want to profile me, huh copper?) But I told her OK and she let me go. I finally got around to removing the tint - a year or so later when I finally felt like it (it was starting to peel by then anyway).

Stan, I'd have to agree with you that in classic cars tint really doesn't belong, however with not going super dark it doesn't look half bad!

I'm good with the look. I have the same forecast here. Beautiful car BTW.

Well, aren't you an outspoken brazen bigot. I live in Canada and being a kind and thoughtful person I forgive you for such biased remark. Perhaps being American ( and much better than us here in Canada)you could apologize to all you've insulted.

Well, aren't you an outspoken brazen bigot. I live in Canada and being a kind and thoughtful person I forgive you for such biased remark. Perhaps being American you could apologize to all you've insulted. Oh by the way, the tint really sets the car off nicely.

I've been apologising all my life. I don't even use the term stewardess anymore.
Why would I stop for the people who clog up my town in January and February and cause my Steel Reserve beer to always be out of stock at Walmart.

Thank you for the money you left behind and the complement on the car.

Back