Today was a good day

LatPeahy

Reaction score
Took the 65 New Yorker over to the house we store all our tools and equipment for work because I had to move my 66 Newport so we can pour the lower slab for the driveway and make room for trailers and boats etc, etc. got the Newport running after sitting for six months since the last time I moved it. Started right up and idled smooth. Let me know if the link to the video works. Then on my way home I come across this 66 Imperial convertible on the side of the road so I turned around to take a couple pics and the owners just so happened to be returning to their car. Got to chat with them for about an hour and turned out to be some really nice folks. We followed each other out of the turn out and I headed to town to get a beer and some smokes. Never got so many waves and compliments on the New Yorker in the 5 years since I’ve owned it. This Thursday will be the longest drive I will take it on, about 40 miles, down the mountain to the muffler shop to get dual exhaust put on her and then to the transmission shop to get serviced and take care of all the leaks. Beautiful day out today in Northern California to be driving around and enjoying these big beasts.
60DD4E20-ADF6-42F5-9D58-C4D82156CFB0.jpeg 53441E92-1A73-418C-B6EE-9C93ED69ED1B.jpeg 7B3A542C-E5BA-4707-9518-65864A808420.jpeg

Whatever year it was...I was in mine and spotted another out and about. Just stoked to meet another owner and be in tow on the road of one

Nice, congrats and I’m jealous! Did you try to recruit the owner of the Imperial to the board here?
What color was the interior in that vert?

Nice, congrats and I’m jealous! Did you try to recruit the owner of the Imperial to the board here?
What color was the interior in that vert?

I did try to recruit him. He wrote down the name of the forum in his phone and I have a meeting with him about some work next Friday. The interior was black seats and green carpet/dash.

Sounds like you had a good time out and about. I'll bite what is AK?

*5th Ave @ 1:55

IMG_20180409_123022.png

Just putting it out there also the 66 Newport is for sale but I have no paperwork on it since I bought it from a derby guy. It’s out of dmv system. Message me if anyone is interested and I can send more photos

Back