Took the 1966 Newyorker 4dr to the dragstrip today

MEV

Reaction score
After my comp cams hydraulic lifter failure on the way to a car show last summer, I replaced my cam and lifters with a straub technologies custom grind cam and morrel lifters. (comp blew me off, so no more comp cams for me)

went back to the track today and ran

[email protected]

60' 1.71

I still think it will go 11.99

505 stroker, cnc'd stealths, full TTI exhaust, 830 quick fuel, perfromer RPM
straub technologies custom grind cam
2800 Stall
4767lbs race weight
3:23 gear with detroit locker
275/60/15 M&H racemaster drag radials ©22 psi

Newyorker.jpg

Last edited:
Nice and congrats. Very impressive. Can we all see the engine compartment?

Damn that is killer and look how sedate it looks!:thumbsup:

With more gear you would definitely get into the 11 second range. What you are running now is EXTREMELY impressive.

The Flyin' Whale ('66 300 2 door) puts out 500 HP at the rear wheels and a prior owner (Henry) ran low 12's in that car with significant traction issues with 295/50/16 BFG T/A radials, which are not the greatest tire for drag racing. I hope to get the Flyin' Whale to the track soon, maybe next month, to see what it will do.

T

Those aren't stock, they're ported. :poke: Did you do any cleanup work to them?
I bought them stock and ran them for a year (went 12.80's with them unported) then sent them to modern cylinder head for their CNC porting. I believe they are the company that does them for 440 source. I did no cleanup work on them at all. as a matter of fact the intake gaskets hang over the ports a tiny bit.

I love it. I wanted to run the stock hubcaps on mine, but I added front discs and the 14" wheels wont fit. I found a place that makes 15" steelies with provisions for the stock hubcaps and one of those days i will but a set and go back to the hub caps.

Back