Touchup paint for 65 Sport Fury Bright Red

dammstrate

Reaction score
After 2 years pretty much done freshening up my baby. Mostly new interior, trunk re-do, few engine pieces here and there, new TTI exhaust (sound is absolutely intoxicating). Dyno'ed right at 401 rwhp at Sharadon in Hugo, MN, due to the Edelbrock heads, intake, and carb on the original block. The car had been repainted I think back in 2000 when it was a Mopar cover car. Still looks good, but has some nicks and chips here and there, especially on the driver's rocker panel. What's the best place to get some touch up paint? I am not a body guy, will a touch up "pen" work well enough to not be noticed from 10 or so feet?

20140810_140218.jpg

20140810_140202.jpg

Very sweet SF. I had my local NAPA store mix up my paint color and make me a can of spray and a touch up bottle. Dead on match.....

After 2 years pretty much done freshening up my baby. Mostly new interior, trunk re-do, few engine pieces here and there, new TTI exhaust (sound is absolutely intoxicating). Dyno'ed right at 401 rwhp at Sharadon in Hugo, MN, due to the Edelbrock heads, intake, and carb on the original block. The car had been repainted I think back in 2000 when it was a Mopar cover car. Still looks good, but has some nicks and chips here and there, especially on the driver's rocker panel. What's the best place to get some touch up paint? I am not a body guy, will a touch up "pen" work well enough to not be noticed from 10 or so feet?

View attachment 184912

View attachment 184914
Take the gas tank cover off and take it to your local auto paint store and they will five you a perfect match using the spectrum. I have done it several times and if you need it, they might be able to also put it in a spray can.

Back