TRADER AFX from NORFOLK

Hank52

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has pics or info on this car . Owner Hank Hankins from Norfolk Va . Raced in Richmond central va and central NC at Roxoboro and Kinston match racing . Started with 64 dodge then alterd the 65 then 66 CUDA

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ok. Thank you. Did your dad own or manage a track in Virginia? I can give you 2 leads. Do you know Allen Carpenter? He is the track manager at Virgina Motorsports park. Very good guy. He was also the track manager at Roxboro Motorsports park a few years back. He asked me for some vintage track flyers I had because he wanted to put something together for the NC Hall of Fame. In regards to the tracks long history. I made him copies of all I had. Also the current owner/manager Jr. Ward is from Virgina & races a nostalgia gasser owned by Jim Oddy. And former owner of Roxboro Jerry & Henry Martin. Henry still races a top sportsman/ top ET car at local tracks. Haven't seen Jerry in a few years. They can be reached at Martin & Sons grading company in Roxboro. Faye Lundsford likely will answer the phone. She knows me well (Bob Searcy) maybe Henry can help. Let me know what you come up with. I wonder if the car is out there still

I can't think of his name , but the guy who manages Kinston Motorsport park is also the owner. He too is a old timer & raced with the Super Stock legends on the east coast. I've talked with him several times. Can't say I know him as I don't run that track much. However I'm sure he can help.

The guy who runs Kinston came down to my pit a couple of years ago when I was racing there. He was checking out my 69 Satellite. Said he had one with a Hemi & would race Ronnie Sox. He had a big smile on his face as he was telling me how Sox could always edge him out by a fender. He's a good guy to talk to. Go to their site KDS Motorsport.com or their Facebook page seems to be more active

Ok. Thank you. Did your dad own or manage a track in Virginia? I can give you 2 leads. Do you know Allen Carpenter? He is the track manager at Virgina Motorsports park. Very good guy. He was also the track manager at Roxboro Motorsports park a few years back. He asked me for some vintage track flyers I had because he wanted to put something together for the NC Hall of Fame. In regards to the tracks long history. I made him copies of all I had. Also the current owner/manager Jr. Ward is from Virgina & races a nostalgia gasser owned by Jim Oddy. And former owner of Roxboro Jerry & Henry Martin. Henry still races a top sportsman/ top ET car at local tracks. Haven't seen Jerry in a few years. They can be reached at Martin & Sons grading company in Roxboro. Faye Lundsford likely will answer the phone. She knows me well (Bob Searcy) maybe Henry can help. Let me know what you come up with. I wonder if the car is out there still
I know the CUDA body came back to my dads body shop and eventually was crushed thanks ..

image.jpg

Also trying locate any pics Trader raced Richard Petty at Richmond and at Roanoke Va tracks ... ????

image.jpg

Looks like a Lyons moving truck in the back ground. They had a depot In south Raleigh. My old neck of the woods. That's a very good pic.

This might be the same run at Richmond, from the opposite side. It's a photo that was scanned, printed and scanned again, but it is in color. That's a lot of fans watching the race!
1965 Aug 15 Hank Hankins Richmond color.JPG

Unfortunately I don't have the original photo. I was given a scanned copy by someone at a show this summer. I believe if you right click on the picture and "save as", your copy will be as good as what I have.

Unfortunately I don't have the original photo. I was given a scanned copy by someone at a show this summer. I believe if you right click on the picture and "save as", your copy will be as good as what I have.
At Roanoke

image.jpg

image.jpg

I was at Roxboro dragway when the cuda rolled .Made a run by his self , car went to the right , corrected went to left corrected again , back to the right and got in the dirt , got off the gas then back on , last thing I could see ,as the track goes down a hill and out of sight , next thing I saw was the dust cloud , stopped racing for a while ambulance took off with the driver and a little while later they brought the car back on the flat bed ... tore up bad ....

Back