Tricks to hood alignment?

Fast Eddie B

Reaction score
The hood is on and painted. Straight down the fender line. Pretty square across the front. Flat to the fenders but a tad high back at the driver corner. Problem is driver side is almost touching the fender and the pass side is about 3/8".

The latch is catching as a result and doesn't pop open.

Do I ream out the hole in the hinge on the driver side and shove the whole hood over (I have room on the pass side hole to move it over), can I bend something, or doI just live with the gaps and move the latch over?

image.jpg

Whenever I have to re align a body part I remove the latch. This way you can open and close it as many times as needed without it binding up on something. Other than that just loosen and move a little at a time until it squares up.

Whenever I have to re align a body part I remove the latch. This way you can open and close it as many times as needed without it binding up on something. Other than that just loosen and move a little at a time until it squares up.
I pulled off the latch. Definitely helped cause it was hanging up on it. After playing with it for a while and running out of adjustment, it hit me to put in a couple of shims. It worked! Square and tight! That was simple too.
IMG_2462.JPG

Back