truck bed lining for the trunk

Haven't done it yet, my son wants to do it to the trunk of his driver to cut down on the rattles his booming sub causes.

i'm tempted to do it myself after i get my rear wind shield fixed

I'm not home right now, but give me a few days to get back in town and I'll snap a pic for you.

There are several different coatings on the market so definitely research each before you jump into it. Hard surface versus more of a rubberized type shiny or satin etc. i can get you some industrial supplier names of what our vendors use. If you take a look at a new Ram with the liner from the factory (Installed by Ground Effects BTW) it is a thin coat hard surface version which does OK but ive had some scratches and gouges show up.

i'm thinking the rubberized verson would be best

As far as truck beds go no - it cuts easy is slippery when wet and is very shiny - I would go with an Armorguard product that is a flat finish and very durable but takes 24 hours to cure. Keep in mind once it goes on it will be near impossible to take off...

awesome, i'll check it out when i get home tonight #thumbsup

i did the trunk with truckbed coating. make sure you dont have any of the old seamsealer left...

I have had it on both of my previous trucks. It held up great if I ever buy another one it would be one of the first things I would add. Mine was Rhino-liner.

not sure how much i'm gonna do just the floor area or the floor and inside rear quarter panels

The only problem I see with this is future repairs. I had a car come to the shop plus several trucks that I have seen. If there is ever any collision damage that needs to be repaired. good luck getting a body shop to do it. Panel repair or replacement is very hard to do because the coating has to be removed.

Back