Turned out pretty good..

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Considering I haven't had to form or make up brake lines for over 25 years I think these lines turned out pretty good.
(Yah' I'm posting a self brag but I don't care!) :D

This is part of the conversion from a single Master Cylinder to a dual M/C with Power Brakes from non P/B's

20140609_213437.jpg20140609_213252.jpg

20140609_213437.jpg

20140609_213252.jpg

20140609_213230.jpg

I guess I could of dusted the frame before taking the photo shoot LOL!!

:grin:

I used a piece of 2" PCV piping to make the loops

Ahh Gosh it tern't nothin' but about 2 ana half ours' of bending around..
A bit of cursin' and startin over agin a few times.:wtg:

Are your two loops going to hit against each other, or is there some space between them?

the loops do have a decent space between them, it's just the way the picture was taken that makes it look like they are touching.

You don't need much gap

Last edited:
looks good, bending line and making it look good is something I can really appreciate

Thanks, I used to do this quite often about 25 years ago but I haven't had to do this since I haven't had any need to..

I'm thinking of doing the transmission line now that these have turned out nice.

It makes the T/L's look pretty shoddy..

I think it was intended as a joke.. see the smiley face to the right..

So here is what I used to bend my tubing.

Be advised it is pretty low tech and might confuse some members that it would be used to beat people with LOL!!

Disclaimer insert here: Do not take the afore mentioned comment seriously, the original poster does not or endosre the use of violence on this forum.

Please remember to keep it light and enjoyable at all times or you will be sent to your rooms for a time out!
:nono:

20140609_213407.jpg

All I wanted to know was which bender he used. I've used many and I have never been 100% satisfied with my work.
WTF.....

You sir are looking at a 2" piece of PCV piping used for plumbing with a notch filed into the one end to hold the end of the tubing.

I did use a readily available tubing bender to get the 1st 90' bend going from the M/C then used the piping to create a perfect circle for the anti-vibration loop.
Since I used the 2" pipe, I didn't need to go more than 1 loop.

Some people insist that there has to be at least 2 loops to serve correctly but IMHO thatis if you want to create a tighter loop of something like a 1 1/2" loops.

It a very effective tool in the right hands.

You can practice with some scrap tubing if you have some.

You can use smaller diameter piping for tighter bends as well but you have to get the bend correct as possible as you want to avoid twsting the tubing to much when making angle corrections.

It will make most of all your work look like it was factory bent!

I find the retail tubing benders a bit clumsy to use for most of the bending I want to do as well so thus the reason for the piping..

One final note on this is that this is so much easier to do when you have no inner fenders getting in the way.
I was able to get right in to where I needed to get to!

Back