TX9 72 Monaco coming home this weekend

marko

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
this is coming home this weekend, been stored for about 25 years, was an Arizona car originally, been in BC since the early 90s i believe.
360, air, cruise, tilt tele, pw now has a 318, but that could change.... depends on how it runs after sitting for 25+ years

20220126_120444.jpg

IMG_2769.jpg

IMG_2773 (2).jpg

im going to need a good dash pad this 1 has cracks. ive got a very nice 69 Fury 1 that could work but the lower edge contouring is different.

any one have a good dash pad ? i will be doing a wanted post.
as far as i know the 72 & 73 Fury are the same as used in the 72 & 73 Polara Monaco

20220126_115210_resized.jpg

20220126_115204_resized.jpg

20220126_114923_resized.jpg

20220126_115102_resized.jpg

20220126_115157_resized.jpg

20220126_115152_resized.jpg

ABC Moparts makes that dashpad - the best way to go. I supplied the core for the process that got destroyed in the process. Why use another old pad that is also likely to split in short order if you use the car at all in hot weather.

That car is exactly what I am still looking for and the colors are perfect.

Congratulations!

Last edited:
actually last summer we were getting into the 90s so i will be getting the a/c working !
especially in a black car with black roof heheh

Hi, How did you find the car? Is that a 1960 DeSoto next to it? Hubcaps on the wall?

Congrats on getting DP23K2D285903 — black with gold interior, great combo!

Hi, How did you find the car? Is that a 1960 DeSoto next to it? Hubcaps on the wall?

@Islander60 and i went to the mainland to look at some forward look cars for him, the seller also happened to have the Monaco and decided i was the right guy for it once he saw a pic of my 69 Monaco 500 convertible with the blended in 72 Monaco nose

yes thats a 60 desoto adventurer coupe - its not for sale.
i never got close enough to look at the hubcaps, things were wedged in pretty tight there - if i was 10lbs more im sure i wouldnt been able to squeeze inside the Monaco

DSCF7948.JPG

im going to need a good dash pad this 1 has cracks. ive got a very nice 69 Fury 1 that could work but the lower edge contouring is different.

any one have a good dash pad ? i will be doing a wanted post.
as far as i know the 72 & 73 Fury are the same as used in the 72 & 73 Polara Monaco

View attachment 530956

View attachment 530957

View attachment 530958

View attachment 530959

View attachment 530960

View attachment 530961
Great looking Monaco.
Vinegar works well to kill mold
Cleaning strength vinegar. Then mild soap and water. I had that clean up in my Imperial.

You might want to check around for a shop that can repair that dash pad. Anything reproduction is usually not the same as the originals.

You might want to check around for a shop that can repair that dash pad. Anything reproduction is usually not the same as the originals.
I have seen many dash repair jobs and most every one of them has lost the crispness of the character lines and the covering on top of the repaired dashes will often bubble when parked in the hot sun. ABC Moparts use the same original steeel cores to place their molded dash reproductions on top of. They are the closest you will find to new since they use original pads in excellent condition to make the molds. Think about it and try one out.

Repaired dashes are more expensive than ABC moparts reproductions and do not look as good and the wait time is usually longer (depending on availability of molding foam and other products used in fabricating original reproductions due to covid currently).

I wouldn't have given my excellent original pads up unless Bob's at ABC Moparts were virtually as good as original.

But you can pay more for repaired ones and usually wait longer for them too........................

Last edited:
@marko I did not realize that you were the one with the 69/72 Monaco. I think I remember seeing that car on c-body dry dock. I guess you never painted it?

no, ben, havent painted it yet.
i was saving up for the paint job and then other cars came along and $ got diverted......
kind of like the 72 monaco heheh.
i think having the coupe will get me doing things on the convert again

no, ben, havent painted it yet.
i was saving up for the paint job and then other cars came along and $ got diverted......
kind of like the 72 monaco heheh.
i think having the coupe will get me doing things on the convert again
$ do get diverted. Not just by cars either. We've lived in our home for 22 years. Raised a family. House and grounds are now a big money diversion. Plus college is a huge $ diversion. I keep saying to myself, my youngest is a rising junior, "2 more years and money will free up." Of course, total lie.
1652485425128.png

Back