Ugliest cars ever made.

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
As the year winds down there is always year end lists. I just saw another worst car list and I don't always agree with them, because first I don't think they are written by car guys. The other reason sometimes just because the they where a flop financially, sometime because they where overpriced doesn't mean they are ugly.

Extra credit for ugly cars that where suppose to be sporty. In my opinion nearly all the Japanese econo boxes are ugly, which where made just as cheap transportation to get you from point A to Point B

I will start the list with the 78 Ford Mustang (rebadged pinto)

1978-Ford-Mustang-II-06.jpg

Another for me is 89-92 Ford Capri, this car in person just looks all wrong to me, never did like it.

1989-1992_Ford_Capri_(SA)_convertible_01.jpg

1978-Ford-Mustang-II-06.jpg

1989-1992_Ford_Capri_(SA)_convertible_01.jpg

Guess I'm in the minority. IMHO the only problem with that era Mustang was the name not the styling. It was a good looking small economy car but should never have been called a Mustang. It simply couldn`t live up to the iconic pony car status. It could however be ordered with a 302 and modified to move along quite nicely. Be careful where you are going with this thread since most people in the hobby think of our cars as ugly "barges".

We had a 76 Cobra, 302. White with the black stripe. I liked the car, other than the seats. They are some of the most uncomfortable seats on the planet. In the ugly category, the Pontiac Azteck will make anyones list.

The old "ugliest cars ever made" redeem themselves as they age.
It's the new "Ugliest Cars Made" that are totally WTF.

nissan-juke-12.jpg

I had this car as a rental down in Florida last year when we went to Tampa Bay, even my 8 year old would duck down when we were at a stoplight!
nissan-cube1-o.jpg

nissan-cube1-o.jpg

All the designers on the design team for the cube had a background of dyslexia.

A B C D F E G .....

From the 70's, I would say the ugliest would be any of the very expensive, limited production models by Mohs, such as the Safarikar pictured here that was at a couple AACA shows I attended this year at Hershey and Carlisle.

936265_524933404220381_120510854_n.jpg

I looked a little more this is a closer example the 70's mustang I was talking about. I still really didn't like any of them, but the Cobra was alright.

There is a guy in town with this model in dark brown body and baby **** brown interior and vinyl roof. I throw up in my mouth a little every time I see it.

76 Mustang.jpg

76 Mustang.jpg

Last edited:
The Corvado... A custom Corvette (yes that's a Corvette, look at the roof) made in limited numbers (fortunately) by Dunham Coach.

This picture was taken about five years ago. The two handsome guys are my son and grandson.

2008_0718Stuff0019.jpg

Guess I'm in the minority. IMHO the only problem with that era Mustang was the name not the styling. It was a good looking small economy car but should never have been called a Mustang. It simply couldn`t live up to the iconic pony car status. It could however be ordered with a 302 and modified to move along quite nicely. Be careful where you are going with this thread since most people in the hobby think of our cars as ugly "barges".

That is why I posted it here. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I knew there will be disagreement that is what makes it fun. I thought it would also be interesting to see the different tastes based on the type of c-body we own. :eek:ccasion14:

Last edited:
I had this car as a rental down in Florida last year when we went to Tampa Bay, even my 8 year old would duck down when we were at a stoplight!
View attachment 22316

I remember the first time my wife saw the Cube. She said that is one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen, it looks like a cube. I told her they got one thing right then, the name.

That is why I posted it here. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I knew there will be disagreement that is what makes it fun. I thought it would also be interesting to see the different tastes based on the type of c-body they own. :eek:ccasion14:
We are fairly safe on this board. I`m sure that our cars would be included in a similar thread on the A, B or E Body boards. Also some people hate AMCs i.e. Gremlins Javelins and Matadors etc. while I love them.
1974_amc_gremlin-pic-33111.jpg

1974_amc_gremlin-pic-33111.jpg

Sad thing is the mileage was great and was a very comfortable ride with plenty of leg room. Never again, I told my wife!!!!

I always hated this car, my parents would pile us in there on cross country trips when I was young.
DSC05569.jpg

DSC05569.jpg

I be the second to add a Chrysler same page as Jake on this one. The 1986 woody Lebaron in a nice factory BROWN, just ripping up the track.

86_Chrysler_LeBaron_Conv.jpg

86_Chrysler_LeBaron_Conv.jpg

The K-cars were the anti-car.I was never so sick as when I first saw one.
The day my father downsized into one I knew his days were numbered...

Last edited:
Back