VIN Numbers

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice looking car, I'd go to some great lengths to get the title issue straightened out. Keep us in the loop.

If the car was sold as scrap then there should be a record of the seller in the yards office, it's a law I think. If you can find out who scrapped it then you may have a chance of finding the tags or even the paperwork for the car.

Lol. Thanks, Alan.

Welcome to the forum. Hey, I love Newport's!

Posted via Topify on Android

That comes from experience, I once had to tell someone they were not missing the tag on their 67 Barracuda. He assumed that all 67-69 Barracudas would be the same and the 68 he had the tag was on the dash.

Alan

That's a nice looking car. I hope you are successful with the DMV or whatever they are called where you are at

I was able to get the car before it got to the salvage yard it was abandoned and no paper work with it

At least it now has a chance. Follow Patricks advice and see where that gets you...keep us updated please

I think I'd find a way to save a car as nice as this one, Maybe locate a rusted or damaged hulk, buy it and rob the tags from it..... Kind of like a rebody.

Help needed, I saved a 1967 Newport Convertible from the crusher last week, it had been painted a couple years back and the VIN plates both door pillar and under hood plate were taken off the car and not reinstalled. .

This may sound silly, but have you done a through check in the car to see if the tags are there someplace.....? Glovebox, under seat, trunk.

I like the idea of hunting down a build sheet or certicard as mentioned earlier....

There should be a vin number on the dash viewable thru the windshield on driver side I believe. I have to look at my 68.

This was not the case in 67 AFAIK.

Back