VIN Numbers

Good news went to the DMV today and everything is good with the car (Not Hot), they gave me the VIN number. Now need to figure out what to do with it, needs some floor and trunk work and a good clean up.

What did you find to get the vin? Congrats On Getting The Paperwork! !

Good news went to the DMV today and everything is good with the car (Not Hot), they gave me the VIN number. Now need to figure out what to do with it, needs some floor and trunk work and a good clean up.

Fix it up and drive the wheels off of it!

They "gave you the VIN"? You mean the original VIN, or a state-assigned VIN? Either way, congrats and hopefully this will save what appears to be a pretty neat car!

I took the seats out and everything out of the trunk looking for a build sheet or anything, the trunk was full of boxes of junk and there was a car tag in one of the boxes dated 05, took it to the tag office and she said it was for a 1967 Chrysler, I asked her for the VIN so I could compare it to what is on the car (I know I wasn't being totally honest), I ran the VIN on a Mopar VIN decoder website and it came back 1967 Chrysler Newport convertible CE27G7, I wouldn't have believed it unless I did it myself.

Outstanding sleuthing! I can't wait to see that car on the road again. Twenty years is a long time to sit.

It is illegal in the United States to manufacture VIN tags, blank or otherwise. Not that there are not places that do but it is all part of the same thing with moving the VIN to another car.

Alan

I posted the info because the purchaser found the vin with an old license plate lookup. I didn't think it was breaking the law to have that exact number remade so he has a vin tag since it's his car...... now it would be wrong to make a false tag stating the car is something it's not......

Not saying I wouldn't do it to replace a missing tag, just reiterating what was said.

Alan

I posted the info because the purchaser found the vin with an old license plate lookup. I didn't think it was breaking the law to have that exact number remade so he has a vin tag since it's his car...... now it would be wrong to make a false tag stating the car is something it's not......

It is still illegal regardless of why, but I would still do it if needed.

Alan

Back