Vintage NASCAR

Issacs Charger

Got him a Hemi 1st gen

bi7.jpg

Issacs & Joe Frasson

Big Joe & Bobby. Anyone remember Joe & his #18 Dodges. He always had a big smile on his face

bi12.jpg

Wing cars

Look at all those wing cars ganging up on that poor ole Ford. Looks like David Pearsons Ford. I'm sure Isaacs is in there chomping at the bit for some clean air to streach thats Hemis legs. Pearson & Lee Roy (not Cale) Yarbourgh where the only Fords that I remember that could run with the wing cars.

bi13.jpg

Issacs, Allsion & Hylton

This is in 1970 & Bobby Allison is driving Mario Rossi's #22 Hemi powered Daytona. Thats James Hylton in the Ford.

bi14.jpg

Isaacs go's to Bonneville

Isaacs & his Harry Hyde led crew decide to take their dominating Daytona to Bonneville in 1971 & set some records

bi1.jpg

bi3.jpg

bi8.jpg

bi9.jpg

Isaacs in 71

Racing David Pearson now in the Wood Brothers Mercury & Bobby Allison now in the Junior Johnson Monte Carlo

bi5.jpg

The Aero wars

North Carolina's Bobby Issacs in the #71 Daytona followed by Indiana's "chargin" Charlie Glotzbach in the #99 Daytona & Alabama's Donnie (Bobbys brother) Allison in the #27 Ford Talledega Torino

image.jpg

Joe Frasson

Big Joe. Minnesota's own. Drove the #18 car. Never won a major race. Swithced from GM on small tracks to Dodge on big tracks. Joe lived large. Had anger issues & a bad temper that causes problems with media & drivers. And likely prevented him from ever getting a top ride or top sponsor.

jf1.jpg

jf2.jpg

Joe & AJ

Here kidding around with Foyt. Probably showing AJ a picture of a scantly clad young woman. "this is why I crashed AJ. She was waving at me in turn 3"

jf3.jpg

Joes 3rd gen Charger

This one painted red. Notice the steel guard rail. This was state of the art at the time. They would always paint a section red, white & blue. Followed by a non painted section. Some tracks, especially the small dirt ovals still had wooden guard rails well into the 70's. The local dirt track here in Raleigh had wooden rails for a long time. I have seen cars bust through it. In the 80's NASCAR started making the (TV) tracks switch to concrete walls. And now they are using the safer barrier walls. Just a little intersting side note

jf5.jpg

Last edited:
Fred Lorenzen

Illinois's Fred Lorenzen came out of way to early retirement to drive the Ray Fox Dodge Daytona. Lorenzen who won the NASCAR championship in 67 I believe usually ran # 28 Fords. His comeback was short lived & only had modest sucess before he hug his helmet up for good

image.jpg

Maurice Randall

This one stumped me guys. Dodge Mirada. I hear Maurice was a big MOPAR man. So I'm trying to find the story on him. I'll post it when I do

image.jpg

Back