Vintage NASCAR

Mid 70's pits

Bobby Allison #12 Malibu & Petty #43 Charger

image.jpg

Pete & Mark

Pete Hamilton in the #9 Plymouth & road racing ace Mark Donahue driving for Rodger Penske in the AMC Matador

image.jpg

Brooks vs Pearson

Dick Brooks driving Mario Rossi's Charger racing David "The Silver Fox" Pearson in the Ray Nichols Pontiac GTO

image.jpg

When they raced real cars

This pic shows 4 different body styles. And I'm sure the body's have been massaged to be better than stock. Still it's easy to tell what kind of cars they are. Left to right. Front to back. Bobby Issacs in Bud Moore's RC Cola Torino. Richard Petty in the Petty Enterprises STP Charger. David Pearson in the Wood Brothers Purolator Mercury Montego & the other car appears to be a Luguna/Malibu. Doesn't ring a bell

image.jpg

My how far they have come

Petty team getting down & dirty. They say you have to earn your stripes. These guys did & it paid off

image.jpg

Last edited:
Frank Warren

Augusta Georgia's Frank Warren. He always ran Mopars. Long time veteran independent who ran on a low & modest budget.

image.jpg

Maybe Donnie Allison in the DiGard 88?a7.jpg

This pic shows 4 different body styles. And I'm sure the body's have been massaged to be better than stock. Still it's easy to tell what kind of cars they are. Left to right. Front to back. Bobby Issacs in Bud Moore's RC Cola Torino. Richard Petty in the Petty Enterprises STP Charger. David Pearson in the Wood Brothers Purolator Mercury Montego & the other car appears to be a Luguna/Malibu. Doesn't ring a bell

a7.jpg

Check out Allison's arm in the window. The times they have sure cnanged. Those were men. Most of the guys that race today would never be able to live and succeed In a "run what ya brung" race world.

Pete Hamilton in the # 1 Charger & Bobby Allison in the # 2 Chevelle

Far side of car. Pete Hamilton & Richard Petty. Buddy Baker in car. Cale Yarborough standing by Buddy. At rear of car is Fred Lorenen & Bobby Issacs. 4 of these guys are NASCAR champions. Which ones. Anybody.
Petty, Isaacs, Cale Yarborough, Fred Lorenzen.

The Allison Brothers

From Hewytown, Alabama by way of Flordia. They where along with Red Farmer called "The Alabama Gang". Here Bobby in the 69 Charger 500 & brother Donnie in the Talledega Torino

image.jpg

Pearson, Petty & Issacs

Chatting it up. Judging by the Ford behind them I'm going to say this pic is 68 or 69

image.jpg

Issacs & Cale Yarborough

Sometime around 72-74. Pretty sure Cale is standing on a tire here.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back