Vintage Travel Trailers

ford-car-and-camper.jpgrandu08.jpg

ford-car-and-camper.jpg

randu08.jpg

Damn you all. Because of this thread you have me rubber necking every trailer park as I drive by them here in BuFu County. And we've got a zillion of them.

Similar design from a German manufacturer of the early 70s as the Dodge model, maybe even inspired by it.

orion-II-front.jpg

orion-II-front.jpg

Damn you all. Because of this thread you have me rubber necking every trailer park as I drive by them here in BuFu County. And we've got a zillion of them.

Me too. Hubbys says that his dead uncle in Chicago has one somewhere. We never went to find it. Guess it's not to late.

GMC Motorhome Custom 2.jpgGMC Motorhome graber.jpgGMC Motorhome Rear.jpgcustomized-gmc-motorhome-Camaro Nose.jpg
Here's a few GMC Motorhomes built from 1973-78. GM tried something a little different,using their front wheel drive set-up from the Oldsmobile Toronado and a rear suspension setup using airbags on each side of the vehicle,therefore,creating a very low platform and lots of headroom inside.Exterior height on these was also low due to this setup.They are also some of the best riding motorhomes built to date and are said to drive more like a luxury car than a motorhome and have lots of power/torque from their Oldsmobile 455/403 engines.Check out the custom one with the late model Camaro nose panel.

GMC Motorhome Custom 2.jpg

GMC Motorhome graber.jpg

GMC Motorhome Rear.jpg

customized-gmc-motorhome-Camaro Nose.jpg

Man you could go back to the future in those!! LOL

QUOTE=greasemonkeyman;145823]View attachment 25898View attachment 25899View attachment 25900View attachment 25901
Here's a few GMC Motorhomes built from 1973-78. GM tried something a little different,using their front wheel drive set-up from the Oldsmobile Toronado and a rear suspension setup using airbags on each side of the vehicle,therefore,creating a very low platform and lots of headroom inside.Exterior height on these was also low due to this setup.They are also some of the best riding motorhomes built to date and are said to drive more like a luxury car than a motorhome and have lots of power/torque from their Oldsmobile 455/403 engines.Check out the custom one with the late model Camaro nose panel.[/QUOTE]

Actually,the GMC Motorhomes were originally designed for the future,NASA space program in particular.They were used during many of the space programs during the seventies and there are still many that are going strong today.330979ab319b3e1812b4904dbd95089c.jpg090416-09-GMC_motorhome_lifestyle_image.jpg1973GMC_03_700.jpgGMC_Motorhome_Chassis2.jpg

330979ab319b3e1812b4904dbd95089c.jpg

090416-09-GMC_motorhome_lifestyle_image.jpg

1973GMC_03_700.jpg

GMC_Motorhome_Chassis2.jpg

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!
Lance the Destroyer emailed me this morning that he has a "60's aluminum [he wouldn't know the diff tween aluminum and SS] camper big as a bus" for sale!!
I told him I want, no, NEED, to see it asap.

Well, not a vintage trailer. Looks like a GMC(?) bus conversion from old..

2uyrmgz.jpg

Last edited:
The nostalgia comes from the fact that these were pulled by the family beach wagon. Pickups back then were for the business only.

Posted via Topify on Android

What, you've never seen a pickup camper before? Hell, there were thousands of them back in the '60s and '70s, especially

Back