.W.S. Wiper Arm Removal on '76 NYB

NYJATBl.jpg

Posted via Topify on Android

Do you know how many of those FN things I broke. LOL!

Did the trailing arm come off the stud or did you have to pry it a little?

The trailing arm came right off the pin, Bob.
In fact, the pin had a rounded head to it and it just slipped off and on.

Sidebar: Had to take the arm off in the first place to see why the washer nozzle wasn't squirting. Strange thing here... the plastic nozzle had no nozzle holes!!
Apparently, this washer never ever worked. I had to drill holes in it! WtF?

Last edited:
I learn something new every day about these cars!

Thanks Stan!

Dang! I need to stop responding to questions from work that do not have pictures!

My work blocks most of the image sites so many posts end up imageless.

This is yet a different style, looks like you got it so good!

Alan

Hi. I'm new here and I'm trying to remove the drive's side windshield wiper arm and I noticed there's a lever (?) of some sort.
My question is,
How do I remove the arm?
Someone told me to check a FSM and all it showed was how to replace the blade and to lubricate a pin.
Thanks.

eRBVP4w.jpg

When I read this post I thought for sure you were joking, but I read the whole thing. Glad you figured it out without breaking anything

Evening all.. Need revive this old post.. OR! if you guys have some direction for me on another that explains / shows how to replace those plastic Knuckles / Bushings on the wiper arms that connect them all together under the Cowl. I can hear the laughter already!! Lol and you guys saying "Good luck with that one Pal" Lol Right!

Evening all.. Need revive this old post.. OR! if you guys have some direction for me on another that explains / shows how to replace those plastic Knuckles / Bushings on the wiper arms that connect them all together under the Cowl. I can hear the laughter already!! Lol and you guys saying "Good luck with that one Pal" Lol Right!

I think this is for you, Bob.

Yes sir.. Those would be the little bastards.. One broke that connects the Link Arm to the motor, of course while driving home in the rain.. While attempting to replace the bushing on the one that broke, the other end broke as well. So I purchased a pack of them from EBay. Now I just want to replace all (4) of them. So I searched the forum and came across the old Wiper Arm removal posts. thinking that might address my needs, I was considering removing both the Wiper arms and pulling the posts / wiper links as a whole, replacing the bastard bushings then putting it all back in all connected. BUT! thought I'd reach out the "All Wise" C body crew for guidance first, because I can tend to make a mountain from a mole hill. If you know what I'm say'en.

That is a retaining clip. Lift the arm at the pivot and you will be able to slide the retainer up. Then lower the arm and it will hold the clip out of the way. Then the arm just slides off. After you get it off you will see how it is retained from the back side.

Back