Waldrons exhaust

Looking at the photos above and the ones on waldrons' website, they have straight cuts on their tail pipe tips. I wonder if they will cut them "correct" if requested? Or make' 'am a little longer so the customer could cut them as desired?
I need a new exhaust system!
They seemed pretty accommodating, I'm sure they would do what you need. just ask

IMG_3861.PNG

From what they illustrate above(correct), to what I've seen them provide are two different things. This was an illustration from Accurate Exhaust- when they were still making 'em for c-bodies.

dodge97318j Hopefully it is as simple as asking them... to do it correctly? But they all already claim that. Who knows. You're right, Waldron does seem to be the kind of shop that will be receptive to our improvement suggestions. I'll see what they say about it when speaking to them.. will let you all know for sure.

Last edited:
Reviving this thread, as I need a complete exhaust for my '70 Polara 'vert. Three questions:

1. How much time does Waldron take to manufacture and ship an exhaust?
2. Do the folks who wanted a properly cut tip get what they were hoping for? (@GT dave, @Ripinator, @73Coupe , @rags, others?)
3. What muffler do they use?

Reviving this thread, as I need a complete exhaust for my '70 Polara 'vert. Three questions:

1. How much time does Waldron take to manufacture and ship an exhaust?
2. Do the folks who wanted a properly cut tip get what they were hoping for? (@GT dave, @Ripinator, @73Coupe , @rags, others?)
3. What muffler do they use?

Michel: Waldrons is usually backed up about eight weeks. The tips on my 300 convertible look OK, but I'm not sure they are 100% correct. I do know that Waldrons will accommodate requests for various tip configurations. The systems are stainless steel and the mufflers are manufactured by someone else. You can specify louder "performance" mufflers or stock. Mine are stock, and they sound pretty good.

Notwithstanding the foregoing, I'm thinking of ordering a dual exhaust setup from TTI for my '66 300 Parts Car. Wil (@bluefury361) recently ordered a system from them, and their lead time was much less than Waldron's, and I think their system is less expensive, because the system is aluminized - not stainless. They also furnish the system with Dynomax mufflers. Wil may have a further comment about how the TTI tips are done.

Thanks for the rapid response! 8 weeks is too much so I have to find another solution for Poppy -- but for Medina, they might just be the way to go. I'll order now and hopefully have the system in place by mid-September.

AFAICT, Waldron offers an aluminized set for my Polara, as well as a stainless steel one. The former starts at $413, the latter at $300 more.

I got a pair of mufflers from Waldron's a while back (a few months) but haven't installed them yet. They will replace the Walkers that are on there now that are too loud.
They said that they're made in Canada to the exact specs as original, dending on your year/make/model. They didn't have a listing for '73 duals so I got whatever was stock for either a 71 or 72 Chrysler. I already like them as they are insulated mufflers while Walkers are uninsulated and "tinny"...

My tips were made by my local exhaust guy.

IMG_2614.jpeg

IMG_2615.jpeg

IMG_2613.jpeg

I got a pair of mufflers from Waldron's a while back (a few months) but haven't installed them yet. They will replace the Walkers that are on there now that are too loud.
They said that they're made in Canada to the exact specs as original, dending on your year/make/model. They didn't have a listing for '73 duals so I got whatever was stock for either a 71 or 72 Chrysler. I already like them as they are insulated mufflers while Walkers are uninsulated and "tinny"...

My tips were made by my local exhaust guy.

View attachment 302428

View attachment 302429

View attachment 302430

I believe the mufflers you got are about the best you can find these days. The originals were actually longer and more quiet than those I would guess, at least the last one I put on one of my single exhaust systems that looks just like yours wasn't as long or as quiet as the originals, but still way better than the dynomax mufflers from TTI for example. I have had a hard time getting the stuff I get from TTI to fit correctly too. I personally wouldn't use them again. I tried twice, but not again.

Back