For Sale Wanted 1970 Sport Fury GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bossssssss

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a '70 Sport Fury GT Burnt Orange 440 bucket seat/console car.

All conditions considered.

Moderators: Feel free to move this add if not in the correct space. I did not see a wanted section for cars (only parts).

Thank you for the space.

Good luck!!
It sounds that you owned one in the past...…!?
You can ask also for one in the fuselage years section.

@JPMODL has a superb GT for sale. You seem to be new here, so I’ll add that he’s an outstanding and trustworthy member. If he says something, you can take it to the bank.

PH23T0D119851 is FT6 Autumn Bronze with tan interior, so the color is not exactly what you want — but it’s close color-wise and the car is in excellent shape:
For Sale - 1970 Plymouth Fury GT

Last edited:
Thank you Gents. Yes, our family bought one new from Public Service Chrysler Plymouth (now out of business) in Binghamton, New York when I was 5 years old. I remember riding around in the back seat and always liked it. We traded it in at the same dealer in 1973 for a brand new Chrysler New Yorker (honey gold) as my parents (now deceased) wanted to move away from the 2 door and into a 4 door. The 440 Sport Fury GT was burnt orange and had a black vinyl top and had a burnt orange interior (not sure if that is the color they officially called it) that matched the color of the car. Bucket seats and console. I still have one NOS center cap that my dad bought for the car and never put on. I am not sure why he bought the replacement cap as I don't remember the car missing one. I also have two mint condition license plate frames from "Public Service Chrysler Plymouth".

@JPMODL has a superb GT for sale. You seem to be new here, so I’ll add that he’s an outstanding and trustworthy member. If he says something, you can take it to the bank.

PH23T0D119851 is FT6 Autumn Bronze with tan interior, so the color is not exactly what you want — but it’s close color-wise and the car is in excellent shape:
For Sale - 1970 Plymouth Fury GT

Thank you for alerting me. His car is certainly beautiful without question. I may PM him to get more particulars as I could not see the interior to note if it was a bench seat and column shifter or bucket seats and console. Thank you again.

For Sale 1971 Plymouth Sport Fury GT/Brogham
C Body Mopars For Sale

This might not link, page five or six in for sale. I know, it's not the year or colour you want. Just figured I'd share. Can't be too many to choose from.
Thank you for alerting me to this car. It certainly is an outstanding car. I am really interested in finding a '70 burnt orange bucket seat car however - but I really appreciate the link. I did also see the owner documentary thread of the restoration of this car. That is a great read/thread and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

The odds of finding what you want will be very limited, the production numbers for the GT were less than 700 built and as such today very few are left in existence, let alone restored condition. Good luck though, you may surprise us.

In fact there were 666 GTs built in 1970. Finding an FK3 burnt orange car with black vinyl roof und burnt orange interior is as unlikely as winning the lottery. @65MonacoND has got a 1970 FK3 black top Sport Fury S23 which is in super rough condition, it needs everything but if someone restores it it'll look like the car your parents bought, just with a 383cui instead of a 440 but if you do a full resto there's no reason for sticking with the 383 anyways as it's not the matching block that came with the car

chryslershowGT.jpg

Thanks again Gents. I do have one picture somewhere (I have not seen it in years) of me, my brother and a neighborhood friend siting on our bikes in the driveway directly in front of the car. I will have to find that picture. That to my knowledge it is the only picture I have of it and I remember seeing that picture when I was cleaning out my parents house. I also remember seeing the car driving around town after we traded it in. We ended up seeing where the car's new owners lived (Endicott Ave in Johnson City which is a small town near ours). We would occasionally drive by there to see it parked along the curb in front of their house. I can visualize it as I remember it was getting rougher and deteriorating. I think they had it maybe about 3-5? years or so and then it was gone and we never saw the car again. Thanks for posting up the photo of the burnt orange GT with the black top and burnt orange interior. That is exactly the car (except ours had the factory sport wheels (not sure what they are called) the ones that have the trim rings and center caps.

I think a person if absolute,maybe should cull together enough parts and simply make one if at all possible.Maybe take an interior from 1 car and hood and other parts from another. A 440 engine can be found and rebuilt.Getting a good 2 door donor car is important.Rust free as possible because a good paint job is always expensive.maybe 50,000.00 would do it if you get the breaks on car and parts.If it needs a rebuilt interior and dash another 10 to 15 grand.Just guessing here because good quality work is hard to find and that includes most work done by owner.Just a guestimate.I think a 6 barrel GT is a 100,000. Or close to it.Guys, how many GT,s were 6 Barrel cars?B.B

Guys, how many GT,s were 6 Barrel cars?B.B

Any Sport Fury GT is rare, with only a 10% survival rate from what I hear. But the 6bbl GT is by far the rarest of the rare though. The number is not really "set in stone", but rumor has it and it is believed to be that there were 61 cars built with the 6bbl option. Only 8 are believed to still exist, one is already restored and l believe there are 3 more getting restored at this time. The ones getting restored right now include a fully documented black on black example, and see the build thread here called "Holy Grail C-body Restoration" posted by @Fury Pursuit. Amother blue example, and the last one I am not sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back