WANTED: 68-71 Sport Fury/300/Polara coupe/conv project

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerbyCity

Reaction score
Contact seller
It was suggested in a thread I made elsewhere to make a post on here to see if anyone is holding onto one of these that they may be willing to part with, so here it is.

I'm looking for a 68 (I know it's not a fuselage car but i really like the look) or 69-71 300/Sport Fury/Polara/Monaco coupe or convertible project. Here's my list of 'needs' and 'nice to haves'.

Needs:
Basically sound (solid frame/stub/floors), complete car with engine/trans. Running or not, but complete.
2 door coupe or convertible
383/440 car.
Project-priced - $4k or under.

Nice to haves:
Buckets/console
Original factory AC car (doesn't have to work obviously)
No green interior/exterior if possible - got enough of the 'avocado' look growing up in the 70s, just don't care for it and will be putting back to stock or near-stock condition.

Who has one of these taking up space and wouldn't mind seeing it go to a good home? I'm near Louisville, KY, so if you're a ways away I'd appreciate it if you can let me know if you're able to meet a transporter where the car is so he/she can load it and bring to me.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum, this is the place to find a decent project. Curious, the "Derby" in your handle is referring to horse racing correct? The "other" kind of "derby" might scare off potential sellers for obvious reasons, LOL.

Hence the profile pic - my city is home to the Kentucky Derby, and commonly referred to as the 'Derby City'. Guess I need to change my name...not crashing cars, looking for a Saturday night car show/cruiser project.

There has been a 70 440 Fury ragtop project posted a few times here in the last couple years.. Someone with a better ability to search this forum should be able to point you to the post.

I surprise my self sometimes. I found the post. The thread is closed but you can PM the member.
Screenshot_20200710-214936_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200710-215049_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for posting that. I went and found the thread. Nice car to do, but I'm not feeling froggy about having to do frame, firewall and trunk floors. Might be more of a project than I can handle, but the price is unreal for what it is... gotta think on it.

Not sure if you're still looking but I have a 69 sport Fury 383 bucket seat convertible floors , frames are solid ... been sitting in my garage for over 10 years now... running great when pulled in. Was going to do complete resto but lost interest years ago due to life circumstances. Interior is out but restored , convertible top is new 10 years ago, never been out side. I would be willing to let it go for $5K (big loss for me).
If you're interested drop me a note. Thanks Dave

Hey Davews, tried to message you but your inbox was full. That would be at the very top of my price range, not sure i can swing it. Suprisingly, I haven't seen or heard of much - I've expanded into looking at Newport also (love the 67s and the 69), and have spent the weekend on FB, EBay etc looking for a potential toy. I know there's one out here.

Hey Davews, tried to message you but your inbox was full. That would be at the very top of my price range, not sure i can swing it. Suprisingly, I haven't seen or heard of much - I've expanded into looking at Newport also (love the 67s and the 69), and have spent the weekend on FB, EBay etc looking for a potential toy. I know there's one out here.
Sorry about the inbox being full... I'll try to clear it out. As far as the car, best of luck to you. Hope you find a nice one.

Any pics of your Sport Fury?
Sorry for the delay in answering. Need to figure out how to clear my inbox. If you send me a email address I'll shoot a few pics and e mail them to you to see if there's any interest

Sorry for the delay in answering. Need to figure out how to clear my inbox. If you send me a email address I'll shoot a few pics and e mail them to you to see if there's any interest

Let me know when you have cleared some space to your inbox, I'll send my email to you then.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back