For Sale Wanted: 69/70 Chrysler 300 convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi,

I am searching for a '69 or '70 Chrysler 300 convertible. Projects preferred. Would prefer high options and exclude L1, T8, W1, X9, Y3 colors and black interior.

Thanks

The more options it has the more capable of suffering I am :)

I have seen this, but it does not make much sense... being a non-TNT, non-console and not-much-else-except-AC-car.

1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible

Difficult question... How do you categorize projects?

Last edited:
The more options it has the more capable of suffering I am :)

I have seen this, but it does not make much sense... being a non-TNT, non-console and not-much-else-except-AC-car.

1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible

Difficult question... How do you categorize projects?
Have seen the car in person. A parts car only. Has server rust in the floor pan, truck and cowl.

Thanks. That was my impression. I would want a car that is a bit better bodywise.

I have a gold 69 convertible with white interior, non AC car with disk brakes and electric bucket seat and windows. I am currently putting a motor and trans in that I have been told is a running engine. I will be checking soon. I was going to fully restore this car but I recently purchased another three cars and I now have too may projects. I may sell after I have done a bit of work on it.

Thank you all for your answers. This is a lively community :thumbsup:

How much do want to spend.

Answering this question is probably not considered part of the art of the deal, but 90 to 95% of the cars posted here in the recent 3 years were within my reach (I have searched the board a bit) :rolleyes: I am also on the look-out for one of those gorgeous fuselage C-bodies for some time now. Factory color combinations and options matter a lot for me. Was a bit too picky yet, I fear. I am a bit spoiled by my other and still beloved brand where the cars are plentiful in all imaginable color combinations and more often loaded than not.

I have a gold 69 convertible with white interior, non AC car with disk brakes and electric bucket seat and windows. I am currently putting a motor and trans in that I have been told is a running engine. I will be checking soon. I was going to fully restore this car but I recently purchased another three cars and I now have too may projects. I may sell after I have done a bit of work on it.

Okay, no AC... Is it a L-code?

Take it from someone who is 8 years into a 300 convertible project, avoid the project, buy one that’s done:

Jezebelle........

Beautiful car! But I would prefer to do the restoration journey myself. What is meant by the "HP code option"?

what kind of projects are out there.
Some typical conditons:

Old northern car. Rusty.
With good luck unmolested and not parted.
Many plastic and interieur parts reusable but lots of welding and general work required to get the body excellent again. Might still function/run&drive very well.

opposite: A south western car.
Dry sheetmetal only surface rust. But everything which is plastic or rubber related is dead due to the sun&heat. Complete interieur is trash as well as chassis and electric system.

"rust" is relative.
"Ohio little rust" is different than "Texas little rust"
My friends in California or Arizona call cars rusty which would be considered near perfect on the northeastcoast. When a seller uses the wording "solid" you should consider his location.

Everyone has its own preferences when it comes to a project including his own skills.

For my part I can deal with a certain amount of rust as I have three Mopar buddies who are bodyman. Some damaged interieur or trim parts will drive you crazy because they are tough to find and replace.

To help the guys here you should give them an idear how many bucks $$$ you want to spent on the initial purchase. That the final price till it is at your door is a another story doesn't matter or can't be calculated by most.

Hope that helps.
BTW you got some company looking for FP6 or EB7

Carsten

Old northern car. Rusty.
With good luck unmolested and not parted.
Many plastic and interieur parts reusable but lots of welding and general work required to get the body excellent again. Might still function/run&drive very well.

opposite: A south western car.
Dry sheetmetal only surface rust. But everything which is plastic or rubber related is dead due to the sun&heat. Complete interieur is trash as well as chassis and electric system.

BTW you got some company looking for FP6 or EB7

Carsten

Hi Carsten, thanks. I would definitely prefer the South Western variety. You search for some rare colors, must not be easy to find. For a project car I would put the spending limit at 15k. As I said, I would prefer this over an already restored car, not because the lower price but for the restoration experience.

I have a non numbers matching non ac non center console no tnt and green on green (currently white) that is consider selling. Engine and trans out but 100% rust free original sheetmetal car.

Hi Carsten, thanks. I would definitely prefer the South Western variety. You search for some rare colors, must not be easy to find. For a project car I would put the spending limit at 15k. As I said, I would prefer this over an already restored car, not because the lower price but for the restoration experience.

yes, I am very specific on which ones I buy for my collection. I have spent to much time and energy in the past fixing up cars that were good but not perfectly what I want. I try to get better and just buy keepers.

With a budget of 15k $ you should be able to buy a very decent driveable project car which actually could be enjoyed "as is" as a driver.

Carsten

Maybe this 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible found on Facebook is for you. Located near Tulsa, OK. Not sure what to think of that red intior.

"$13,500
Price is negotiable. Car was taken apart and painted, motor completely redone and done right. New seals, new rubber pieces and interior. Needs wired up and interior put back together. Have all trim and everything needed. New top motor but needs top. Everything is there. More pics upon request. Just seeing if any Interest"

Facebook Link

28870889_10211889306809410_1535070519030710272_n.jpg

28872479_10211889306889412_3906143988297498624_n.jpg

28870473_10211896751675527_6940273031252017152_n.jpg

29025461_10211896750475497_2546305609502818304_n.jpg

28951614_10211896753355569_8417184487594524672_n.jpg

28959011_10211896748435446_5344085909283274752_n.jpg

yes, I am very specific on which ones I buy for my collection. I have spent to much time and energy in the past fixing up cars that were good but not perfectly what I want. I try to get better and just buy keepers.

With a budget of 15k $ you should be able to buy a very decent driveable project car which actually could be enjoyed "as is" as a driver.

Carsten

Carsten, I know what you mean. I am already stuck with a black car. I really love it and I need to keep it because it is my first American vintage car and it means a lot to me... But it will always be black. Everyone thinks black is great but me :BangHead:
Therefore I want a great color combination (blue) or a really loaded car. It is great to hear that my budget could bring me there. Driveability is not expected.

I have a non numbers matching non ac non center console no tnt and green on green (currently white) that is consider selling. Engine and trans out but 100% rust free original sheetmetal car.

Dieseldazzle, many thanks for the offer. I am very sorry to say it is a bit on the plain jane side for me.

Maybe this 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible found on Facebook is for you. Located near Tulsa, OK. Not sure what to think of that red intior.

Hello fellow German, many thanks. But W1 is not what I want.

Tobias, this is a beautiful car, nicely optioned and it is indeed a very rare color combination... but it is black, which I excluded. Many thanks for the offer.

You have inquired perhaps about a month ago about a B3 blue 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible that I bought late last year that I intended to be a potential restoration candidate for myself. I am not a hard core convertible guy, but I still would like to restore at least one. I am like you, as I would rather restore one myself and then know everything about the restoration and strive for the detail I want. I almost always am disappointed when I buy an already "restored" one.

When I first heard of your interest, I assumed that since you were from Europe, you wouldn't be really interested in my car because it does need some attention, but it also has its strengths. Mine also has a matching B3 blue interior. As for options, it is an a/c car, tilt/telescope steering wheel, bucket seats with console, search tune radio with floor control, dual power seats and front and rear bumper guards and has a white convertible top. It does not have power windows though or disc brakes (unusual) but I would supply a changeover disc brake assembly if I do end up selling it, as well as some other parts you would need. It also is a standard 440. It does have some rust, but not bad in my opinion (at least my body/paint guy can handle it pretty easily) and the right side has been damaged by a side scrape. One positive point about it that caught my attention in the first place is that it only has 52K miles on it and it is very believeable. And it runs nicely. I will send some 80+ photos of the car in an email to you through the contact you used to alert me to your interest in my car in the first place. I still haven't decided for sure I want to sell it, but at least I can ascertain whether you have interest in mine once you know everything about it. Then I can think harder about what I should do, and maybe we can come to a deal. Wish I could be more sure of my own plans, but at this time I am thinking hard about letting some of my most interesting cars go to some good homes due to the sheer number of them that I still have and being up there in age. Still going strong, but I also need to be more reasonable.

Here are just a couple photos of it. Maybe you will dismiss it out of hand at first sight, but at least I am trying consider your request.

2018-03-11 22.04.52 - Copy.jpg
2018-03-11 22.05.17 - Copy.jpg
2018-03-11 22.06.23.jpg
2018-03-11 22.38.00.jpg
2018-03-11 22.44.12.jpg
2018-03-11 22.37.36.jpg
2018-03-11 22.50.23.jpg
2018-03-11 00.12.31.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back