Warranty Validation sticker

68NHP

Reaction score
This "Warranty Validation" sticker is on the driver's door jamb of my '68 Polara. I'm assuming it was necessary for the vehicle owner to bring the car back to the dealer after one year in service? Is this correct? The dates on my sticker if I'm reading it right are 'Original Delivery' 6-21-68 and 'Date Validated' 6-23-69.

Also, would anyone have an old Dealer Code list from back then? The sticker shows 5766 but there may be a digit missing at the end. Should be a Nevada dealer. Would love to find out which dealer "validated" the warranty.

Thanks
Scott

label.jpg

That's very cool. Is this the 68 Polara NHP car that was on this site a few months ago?

That's a really nice piece of history for the car. I wasn't aware there was any warranty on fleet cars because of the excessive use/abuse they take.

That's very cool. Is this the 68 Polara NHP car that was on this site a few months ago?

That's a really nice piece of history for the car. I wasn't aware there was any warranty on fleet cars because of the excessive use/abuse they take.

Yes, same car. I'm the proud new owner, still kinda wondering what I've got myself into with such an involved project. But, hey, you only go around once, right? LOL

CHP simply put a Dymo tape date on the end of the dash. This was no different than the date on the Certicard. The date the CHP put on it was that date it was delivered to the area office, this eliminated the months a car might be sitting in a back storage lot. The red date is the original label, the green the one I added for my completion date.
2017-01-30_001.jpg

Alan

That's a really nice piece of history for the car.
And the property tag is cool:
label-2.jpg

I wasn't aware there was any warranty on fleet cars because of the excessive use/abuse they take.
Thanks. Your comment prompted me to take another look at my sales brochures, and the answer was there all along...:rolleyes:

Surprisingly, same as the civilian sales, there was a 5yr/50,000 powertrain warranty, and 2yr/24,000 bumper-to-bumper (except for wear items.). To keep the warranty in effect, the owner was required EVERY 12 months to have an authorized dealer certify that the required services had been performed (such as oil changes every 3 mos/4,000 miles, etc.) There was a form for this certification, which evidently contained the peel-off sticker (see bottom wording on sticker) and the other part had to be sent in to corporate by the owner.

fullsizeoutput_249.jpeg

Alan, we know Chrysler Corp would bend over backwards to satisfy the CHP...so I wonder if the CHP exempted itself of the "inspection by a dealer" part. CHP's record keeping and excellent fleet maintenance likely satisfied Chrysler in the event of a warranty claim.
"Hello, Service Department? This is the CHP Sacramento office...we'd like to make an appointment to bring in 562 cars for the annual warranty certification. When can we do that?"

Last edited:
Back