Separate names with a comma.
It is like a tar based product --not like a rubberized undercoating.Thank God!
I tried a potentially dangerous method but it worked like a charm. Brake Kleaner followed by a high pressure water wash in small sections.
With the exception of the Summit Racing K6900 camshaft,the mods that we are doing are all bolt on items that can easily be reverted.
Mag wheels,Headers,intake,aluminum rad,aftermarket air cleaner.
Typical upgrades people used to do in the 70's/80's. I am doing the mods to make the engine run cooler and better.
Plus maximize fuel economy with the standard transmission. (Her best since my ownership was 24 MPG!)
Knowing how you do things, Lea, I know this car will be Dunrite.
Not to mention the mess a pressure washer will make!
The paint overall on the wagon is in good shape despite it is a repaint from the late 70's/early 80's.
I have been very cautious not to get any solvents or splash up of the old Ziebart onto the paint.
So it is the hard way by hand.
We did pressure wash the engine bay once before but the old schtuff did not come off!
Picked up the engine from the machine shop this morning..
All clean and honed..
The flywheel also got done today..Ready for my new Hayes clutch..
The rebuild kit showed up on my lunch break..Getting stoked!
Just waiting on the valves for the heads then assembly begins!
Watching with great anticipation.
The cleaning continues..The pistons had so much carbon that I soaked them for days..
The engine got new cam bearings,test fitted the camshaft and brass freeze plugs installed.
A coat of high heat primer and Chrysler corporate engine blue..
Thanks to my buddy James,The original heads are getting treated to a clean up and port matching.
Nothing crazy since they are small valve heads to begin with.
340 springs,new valves and smoothing out the bowls plus new guides will gain 20 ft pounds of torque.
Nice purdy intake will also get some port matching.
I got a choke thermostat for a 78 Dodge p/u with a Thermoquad to fit this intake.
yes,I will be running an 800CFM toilet bowl on the 318!
The engine bay cleaning is coming along very well. ..
I saw the header box, wooo-hooo!
Yes a new set of headers going on..
More work done today...
My buddy James did his magic on the heads.
New valves,3 angle grind,340 springs..
Cleaned up the crud in the bell housing...