We bought a house

f725-jpg.jpg

We have one just like it at the airport. Great machine, ours is a diesel. Probably of the same year +/-.

Touch wood, it's still going strong. Go for it!
I've got an John Deere X758 with a 60" deck here at home and JD 4100 with a 60" deck and front end loader. Use them both for mowing.

How much lawn do you have to mow?
I am on 16 acres and I am presently doing it with an e130 (42” wide deck). It takes me about 20 hours to mow all of the grass, including brush-hogging about 3 acres with Lucifer (I-H model 666).

I will probably get a 50+ inch mower next year and keep the e130.

I think the larger mower would benefit you, but it might be overkill if you have less than 3 or 4 acres...
I have 2 acres, I want something bigger to cut down my mow time. I usually do it Saturday after I mow at the church. I don't want to spend all day mowing. I may start mowing mine in the evening so I have more time for other things on Saturday.

I have 2 acres, I want something bigger to cut down my mow time. I usually do it Saturday after I mow at the church. I don't want to spend all day mowing. I may start mowing mine in the evening so I have more time for other things on Saturday.
I gotta a guy that does mine... He shows up, mows everything, weed wacks, blows the grass off and sends me a bill.

I figure that the cost really isn't that much more than buying a lawn tractor, weed wacker etc. Plus he does a better job and I don't worry about anything.

I gotta a guy that does mine... He shows up, mows everything, weed wacks, blows the grass off and sends me a bill.

I figure that the cost really isn't that much more than buying a lawn tractor, weed wacker etc. Plus he does a better job and I don't worry about anything.
I do enjoy mowing, I just need a extra Saturday on my weekend to get all I want to do done. I need every weekend to be a 3 day weekend:D

I had to hire a crew occasionally in the past when work had me on job sites for extended periods. Had good luck till one outfit tore up the lawn everywhere they spun their mower around. And they did a good job of blowing clippings of the drive and walkway. Except the clippings ended up embedded in my window screens. You’re Fired!
Now in retirement I still like cutting the lawn on a nice day. Then finish the day off hand washing the cars. Ahhh, summer.

I transplanted these rose bushes, flowers and tulips when we moved. The rose bushes and flowers are doing good, next year on the tulips I hope. I weeded around them Sat.

rose bush.jpg

rose bush2.jpg
flower.jpg

tulip bed.jpg

The tulip bulbs are in the bare areas
The flowers are yellow daylillies and look like this when blooming
images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQaZjQFS51KEUQ2FwXYUgnrDFEFYyHpqZ755w&usqp=CAU.jpg

I finished the paint and trim in the dining room. I have to touch up all the trim still. The outside corners on the crown molding took a little trial by error, I was making it harder then it really was.
crown corner.jpg

So many projects to do still

Don't know how I missed this thread,,Congrats to you! Nice house and property!

I made a parking area off the driveway in front of where my future garage will go. It keeps the driveway open. My friend brought over his backhoe and scraped out the sod, 12 ton of sand and 12 ton of gravel and parking.

This is the sand

sand.jpg

Then Gravel

parking.jpg

I'm in the same boat. just as things start to cool down on the honey do list I discover the list continues on the back side of the page! LOL!

Back