Welcome Ol yella to FCBO!

Ol yella

Reaction score
Inherited dads ol 68 chrysler fastop 383 newport. Having fun getting her back in shape.

Welcome aboard! Good taste in color your dad had.
IMG_2434.JPG

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

heres ol yella now. Been working on it on weekends since i brought it home to arizona in february. Slowin down some now that its hitting 114-119 here....

dad had spray painted most of the car in brown primer and yellow krylon (probably trying to cover up light surface rust from being down in long beach). i was able to strip off all the spray paint back to the original paint underneath using oven cleaner and alot of elbow grease, over quite a few weekends. slapped on some wax for now to protect. all the glass is good and all the trim's there! Original (i think) hubcaps are kinda cool so leaving them on for now, dad kept the skinny whitewalls going... headlights were all mismatched and some not working so put new set from napa.
0617170751.jpg

got the engine cleaned up and replaced all the hoses, belts, plugs, filters and fluids, and rebuilt the 2bbl carb. being a california car it had a smog box wired in and dist advanced plugged off - was able to remove all that and get vacuum advanced hooked back up. Old 2 core radiator was shot, may get it rebuilt later but for now installed alum radiator. dad had put on an electric pusher fan and removed the stock 7 blade fan. i put the original mechanical fan back on, chrysler manual says this 383/no ac/2bbl/automatic came without a shroud, so far so good with the 180 thermostat, will see.... power steering pump tank was leaking so put a new oring kit in that. Installed oil pressure and water temp sending units for new gauge cluster i hung under front dash.

0614171909.jpg

will post some more pics later, so far has been alot of fun tinkering around with ol yella, brings back good memories of my dad, and all the fun times we had working on cars growing up...

Back