What a Rush

Is that plastic or a mesh product to keep your gravel from sinking into the earth and never to been seen again?
It’s geotextile. A robust landscaping fabric. It lets water pass relatively unimpeded.
Without it, the gravel would disappear into the Houston Black soil (AKA “gumbo”). It’s mostly clay, expands and contracts radically, and runs from South of Oklahoma down to Houston area.
In the Summer, it develops 10’ deep cracks you could drop a golf ball into.

D10DD3DC-A8F6-4B4E-B866-6231D5F4C23C.jpeg
A2CDD957-DE3E-48AC-B216-0672BCC8C1AC.jpeg
C1344380-BE1F-485C-8053-237DC7D71A2F.jpeg

It’s geotextile. A robust landscaping fabric. It lets water pass relatively unimpeded.
Without it, the gravel would disappear into the Houston Black soil (AKA “gumbo”). It’s mostly clay, expands and contracts radically, and runs from South of Oklahoma down to Houston area.
In the Summer, it develops 10’ deep cracks you could drop a golf ball into.
I was assuming that's what it was, a friend put down a similar product when he put in his driveway about 12 years ago. He used crushed limestone, he believes every stone is still where he put it. It has never sunk or got mushy.

Any updates?
(sorry, not trying to rush.) :rolleyes:
PS awesome garage!
I got the rear end removed yesterday. Waiting to put the Strange 60 and CRT 727 in. I was in a bad car wreck last week and then busted a(nother) rib working on Rush so there may continue to be a lack of updates for a while, but I'll be back at it soon. What can I say? I'm a glutton for punishment.
:drama:
On a serious note, my thanks to you and everybody else who follows this thread with dedication. It really helps me stay motivated.

I got the rear end removed yesterday. Waiting to put the Strange 60 and CRT 727 in. I was in a bad car wreck last week and then busted a(nother) rib working on Rush so there may continue to be a lack of updates for a while, but I'll be back at it soon. What can I say? I'm a glutton for punishment.
On a serious note, my thanks to you and everybody else who follows this thread with dedication. It really helps me stay motivated.
Get better, don't need you all beat up!

Thank you to sharing your journey! It's great to see a bigger car hauling ***, and what it takes to do it.

That sucks, I suppose since you went back to work on the car that you're mostly intact. Hope you recover soon.

That sucks, I suppose since you went back to work on the car that you're mostly intact. Hope you recover soon.
Hit a tree at 80 on a slick road. Definitely not fun and I learned my lesson. I'm just glad to be walking.
Edit,
Hope you're doing well, Jeff

Last edited:
I sort of did the same thing 18 years ago, going around a corner too fast hit a patch of loose gravel, car understeered and killed an ash tree and my car was down for a year and half

Broken ribs is nothing to fool with. Take your time....the car will wait for you.

Good that you walked away...

A lot easier to find a replacement nice Lexus, than a replacement nice old Plymouth...

I'm assuming this is Jeremy , so Dylan's counting a free pass :)... If it's Dylan, free pass used :(...

I'm doing OK, and sorry to let you know how long you're going to feel the effects of that wreck, of course if you're Jeremy... you already know.:thankyou:
Nope... This is Dylan. Or is it? I wish it wasn't me, Dylan. No. Jeremy. Wait...
-Dylan (Jeremy) ((not))
I crack myself up.
Sorry
-Actually Dylan
:rofl:
P. S.
Darned shared accounts.

Nope... This is Dylan. Or is it? I wish it wasn't me, Dylan. No. Jeremy. Wait...
-Dylan (Jeremy) ((not))
I crack myself up.
Sorry
-Actually Dylan
P. S.
Darned shared accounts.

Aw heck... then you'll heal up in ten minutes... free pass used, though... :thumbsup:

p.s. Are you still working at the chop shop? Liking it?

Back