What a Rush

:rofl:

Aw heck... then you'll heal up in ten minutes... free pass used, though... :thumbsup:

p.s. Are you still working at the chop shop? Liking it?
Thankfully, no. I started doing a better job than my mentor. He got fed up with it and started having me clean the sidewalks. I was sick for a day, called in and then was fired the next day. It was quite the toxic job environment.

Thankfully, no. I started doing a better job than my mentor. He got fed up with it and started having me clean the sidewalks. I was sick for a day, called in and then was fired the next day. It was quite the toxic job environment.
I always loved working for assholes.

I'm very glad you didn't allow yourself to brainwash into the place, or worse, stay there.

Even in the best shops I've worked at, once you've been around long enough to see the results of everyone else's work... you realize how many butchers are around you, the worst places are the ones where the owner/boss/foreman turns out to deserve a bloody apron and cleaver instead of a toolbox.
I always loved working for assholes.
Actually can say that some of my best jobs were working for assholes... but ones that had high standards and had learned to value someone else's quality work and their best employees. It didn't stop them from being assholes, or me from pointing that out as necessary. A high quality ******* already knows they are... some love you for telling them.

Funny you should ask. We’re back to chipping away at this stone.
I’m moved, but not unpacked. It’s been a long, long haul. The shop is full of boxes. So, we work outside for now.
- dad
7776F314-BF2E-4B3A-8978-7EEC7D5AD9F2.jpeg
B304F6BE-7590-48A0-84D6-DE0D92033138.jpeg
CA4603DF-CCA8-45D5-8131-8E4EFE458FF8.jpeg
89C123C5-934C-46ED-B113-10DCFAC286D6.jpeg

Last edited:
More pics:
IMG_20190617_193648.jpg
IMG_20190617_193655.jpg
IMG_20190617_203917.jpg

Also picked up a new ride. 10 points to anybody that can tell me what it is and what's special about it!
IMG_20190617_192534.jpg

IMG_20190617_192600.jpg

-Dylan

Wow, what a wonderful post. My son and I have been building are first project together a 66 Fury3 as well. As of now we are about 95% there but still needs wiring and after the first crank up noticed a dead cylinder;( Did a 505 stroker through 440 sources and really hoping it's a ring. The amount of fabbing you did blows my mind and your car is beyond beautiful.
We still need to have ger painted someday, but for now who cares right;) Few questions for you, is your hood factory or aftermarket bc I thought ive seen fiberglass hoods with hemi type scoops for 66 Plymouths. Also, any idea on the largest tire on a 15x8 rim will fit? As far as upgrading the stock rear suspension, any pointers would be nice and possibly upgrading the front as well. This car will be more for around town vs the strip.

Looks great guys! Rear end problems are now a thing of the past.
Are you reusing the existing springs?
Rush has gotta be capable of deep into 10s.
Those SRT10 trucks are a riot to drive. Put a couple hundred hard miles on a stick shift version.
Might want to hold on to that truck for sure.
Thanks for posting again!

Wow, what a wonderful post. My son and I have been building are first project together a 66 Fury3 as well. As of now we are about 95% there but still needs wiring and after the first crank up noticed a dead cylinder;( Did a 505 stroker through 440 sources and really hoping it's a ring. The amount of fabbing you did blows my mind and your car is beyond beautiful.
We still need to have ger painted someday, but for now who cares right;) Few questions for you, is your hood factory or aftermarket bc I thought ive seen fiberglass hoods with hemi type scoops for 66 Plymouths. Also, any idea on the largest tire on a 15x8 rim will fit? As far as upgrading the stock rear suspension, any pointers would be nice and possibly upgrading the front as well. This car will be more for around town vs the strip.
Thank you for the kind words! Hood is not stock. I believe the fiberglass hoods were a small production run by a guy on facebook. I didn't get one. I'm not sure on tire size but i can get that info to you in a few days. I personally would just do a stock-type rebuild on your front and rear end if the car is for daily driving. Maybe somebody else can chime in on that. My car has cal-tracs in the rear and a stock front end. Rush was the test mule for the cal-tracs design, so if you are interested in that i'd give them a call.

Looks great guys! Rear end problems are now a thing of the past.
Are you reusing the existing springs?
Rush has gotta be capable of deep into 10s.
Those SRT10 trucks are a riot to drive. Put a couple hundred hard miles on a stick shift version.
Might want to hold on to that truck for sure.
Thanks for posting again!
Yes we are re-using the existing springs. I plan to keep the truck for as long as I can!

Thank you for the kind words! Hood is not stock. I believe the fiberglass hoods were a small production run by a guy on facebook. I didn't get one. I'm not sure on tire size but i can get that info to you in a few days. I personally would just do a stock-type rebuild on your front and rear end if the car is for daily driving. Maybe somebody else can chime in on that. My car has cal-tracs in the rear and a stock front end. Rush was the test mule for the cal-tracs design, so if you are interested in that i'd give them a call.
Thank you for your time and will look into those;) Great build and amazing car!

Never, ever re-use a modern u-bolt. They’re made with rolled threads. The threads are deliberately made to interfere upon tightening. They’re a one use item.
I’m going to a 9/16” grade five u-bolt.
The Caltracs tie plate is in great shape, but, it’s made for 1/2” bolts. Nothing that a little love can’t cure.

- dad
CA668546-A6AA-4D0A-85F4-A95882021BDF.jpeg
9D875F0A-983B-4596-9E31-0BFCC5B78FC0.jpeg
61CB7916-7471-42C0-9D34-D438692D3B29.jpeg
34308414-DD1A-4A88-8154-A04C5B260354.jpeg

Pardon the mess. Moving was slam-bang. I’m prioritizing things and Rush needs to be capable of rolling before the shop is clean.

Back