What and where?

Marian

Reaction score
What is this and where does it go. I though back seat but what the heck do I know.
20170512_110455.jpg

Has anybody out there actually put in a set of these fiberglass repops from ABC? Feedback? Pics? Those original ones will disintegrate if you just look at 'em wrong . . .

Has anybody out there actually put in a set of these fiberglass repops from ABC? Feedback? Pics? Those original ones will disintegrate if you just look at 'em wrong . . .
Actually I have. I put them on my 66 NY'er 4dr ht. What we found out was 2dr and 4dr are different. These don't fit 4dr's but do fit well on the 2drs. I still have them on mine because they still look better than having nothing on there.

Damn, just put my back seat in again - could have taken a pic while it was accessible.... Okay, the package shelf part goes in, then the side filler strip sits on the outer edge of the package shelf and there's a couple screws holding it to the inside of the door - be sure you install these before the inner door panels 'cause the inner door panels sit on top of the side filler piece. Wait - I have one open and can get a pic. Back later.............

That would be the passenger side rear seat back filler piece.
Here is a pic. of my drivers side installed. Yeah, they are very brittle after all this years.
Repops in abs plastic are available.
IMG_9236 copy.JPG

The lower cushion filler piece is abs plastic.
IMG_9235 copy.JPG

The screws that hold the filler piece also have special wide washers that help spread the load against the brittle plastic. The plastic will crack if you just use the screws.

Okay, I forgot the seat's not all the way out.... but I shot a pic or two. Rapid's are better looking by far though. This one kinda shows how the side strip overlaps the package shelf.
upload_2017-5-12_20-7-0.png

And this one shows how the bottom (in the yellow circle) ends.
upload_2017-5-12_20-7-56.png

Last edited:
Ouch!
If those are in one piece they should clean up o.k. Just handle them with care.
Mine were just repainted along with the package tray last fall.
Ya gotta pull the seat back and the side interior panel to get at all screws.

Yeah, they're really kind of a pain in the butt. I liked the Monaco interior though, so when I found a nice complete one in a wrecking yard thirty years ago I changed out my Polara 500. Think I only paid like 150.00 for the whole interior with seats, door panels, the rear trim and console. Of course it took me a while to put it all in while still daily driving the car. Just one more non-factory detail on my old beastie. The only part I didn't mod was not putting in the lights in the door panels.

You guys are wonderful. Sent pics to shop. Still would like to know where Rapid got his beautiful looking rattan insert material.

The Rattan you see is original to USA 66 MONACO 500s - not sure if 65s had it too. Rapid likely cleaned and redyed his. It does look great, doesn't it?!

Back