WHAT ? Another 61 Fury restroation......

I've found just 2 examples locally since 2002, one a conv on the plains and the other a 2dr that was pulled from a barn ready to fall on the car. The second car sold quickly, and the conv is most likely still there.

The red one...? I think I got some parts and pieces off it from you....

I have scored a couple of extremely hard to find items for Virgil in the past week. In the 7 years I have been collecting parts for him I have never come across either of these items NOS.
A NOS pair of Fury body side chevrons. And a NOS pair of genuine Mopar accessory rear dual antennas for a 61.
Happy me, (And Virgil).

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Nice !! I saw those chevrons. Are they for a coupe? or 4dr. Good score on the antennas. I have a 63 300 that has a rear antenna that is broken, but has the long factory lead to the radio if your kit does not have the harness?

My trimmer was able to locate a exact duplicate of the original vinyl upholstery for Virgil's seats. SMS said $668.00 for 10 yards, and that was with the 19% off sale.
I bought 10 yards for $192.00 here. Including shipping. That pretty much makes the carpet free.
I needed 9 yards for the seats and the convertible boot. They offered a $2.25 a yard price reduction with a 10 yard order.... No brainer!

Are you talking about the green vynil? If so if so I would be interested in getting some for my green 61 coupe.
Also if they have any red?

Are you talking about the green vynil? If so if so I would be interested in getting some for my green 61 coupe.
Also if they have any red?

My Fury has the mid year optional all vinyl seats in solid white Ken,
If you can send me sample swatches of your current vinyl I will see how close we can come. Should be no problem, especially for a driver like your building, close counts.

You could also fine a local to you trim shop who may be able to help. Figure somewhere from $12.00 to 20.00 per yard. SMS was $81.00 yd for the white I needed, less the discount.

Last edited:
Getting back busy on Virgil again. Time to finish the metal and body work and perhaps painted. We'll have it cut in and assembled as a roller by fall anyways.

I pulled the near mint condition stub frame out from beneath the donor car and got it disassembled. I'll build it using both stub frames. My original 318 poly and torqueflight will go into this stub.

DSC05813.JPG
DSC05814.JPG
DSC05815.JPG
DSC05817.JPG
DSC05818.JPG

Virgil got some love this past week. The stub frame and all componants have been stripped and refinished. New control arm bushings, new ball joints, new strut rod bushings.
The left side quarter panel has been ruffed in and metal finished. Small patch in the drivers door. We discovered that the 4 door rear body contours are different than the 2 door. This required some panel fabrication, about a 3 foot section formed and welded into the mid section of the quarter panel. The 61 Plymouth has some strange lines. Nothing goes straight. All will be metal finished so that just a thin skin of material will be needed to prep for primer.
I took a bunch of photos but left the camera at the shop. So photos later.

Next week he comes apart and placed back on the rotisserie to finish the floor pans from underneath and sand blast. I'll detail the engine & trans and reassemble the stub frame.

Back