WHAT ? Another 61 Fury restroation......

The clips that hold the trimming at the bottom of the windshield do you plan to use them ? If not please let me know I could use them for my '61 but if you also plan to keep them as a spare I will understand

Yea, those clips are pretty unique. I have a full set off this car and I will check my originals, should be a complete set. Your welcome to them when I locate them.

More progress to report. Most of the panel mateing will take place at the factory seams. A small amount of butt welding will be necessary on each quarter panel.

The frame rails are boxed on the inside, drilled and welded front and rear of the seam and then triple welded on the seam.

Welding will start today.

DSC04754.JPG
DSC04755.JPG
DSC04756.JPG
DSC04757.JPG
DSC04758.JPG
DSC04759.JPG
DSC04760.JPG
DSC04761.JPG

Will, nice to see the progress, you must feel great about finding the donor.

I am guessing even as skilled as your guys are they must be happy to be able to patching the work in and not have to fabricate it.

The latest on Virgil. 98% of the metal work is done. some finish welding/grinding and the body can be worked and prepped for sealer/primer. Next winters project, He's going into hibernation for awhile while the Polara is brought back.

DSC04874.JPG
DSC04876.JPG
DSC04875.JPG

I had a chance to grab a drop top '61 fury . The car was on eBay a few years back had a 361 ps,pb and it had no car cancer at all the buy now price was $6800.00 . I am finding more on my hard top its getting to were I am getting fed up with my hard top . There are times I wish never bought the car . When I was looking for another 1 I should of put in the ad I prefer the car came from Arizona , New Mexico a dry state with no humidity.

Dime a dozen these ‘61s.:poke: It seems as though these are surfacing like the 300 Hursts were over the last few years.:lol:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
If you like 61s try to get this issue of Plymouth traveler magazine Nov 1960. The whole issue is dedicated to production,road test,design etc.

I've found just 2 examples locally since 2002, one a conv on the plains and the other a 2dr that was pulled from a barn ready to fall on the car. The second car sold quickly, and the conv is most likely still there.

Back