Separate names with a comma.
I bet that back piece of glass is hard to find.
It is massive!!!
This is a period where one focus's on all the minute detail items and sub assemblies. Lots getting done but not much to show. Then...... A time comes when all the sub assemblies start to come together and it looks like you have performed a massive feat in a short time.
that's the optional "ski-hi" back glass. I happen to know where there's one at.
More progress on Virgil this past week. The stub frame and engine are ready to mate together. Body work is going a little slower. Once we get it up on the rotisserie and blasted things will pick up. Finish welding and grinding on the underbody, (floor and trunk pans), and final coatings, and the stub frame and body can be reunited, (for the final time).
Using the mount plate and center bolt from a later small block I was able to change from the old cartridge style oil filter to a spin on oil filter. Oil changes with the cartridge were a nightmare.
Left lower A pillar repair.
I found NEW leaf springs. Direct replacement for OEM. 5 leaf, 2 1/2" wide, 850# rating with ALL necessary bushings. Manufactured in Michigan.
Total cost $310.00 including shipping and tax. They arrived 2 1/2 days from ordering them.
NEW REAR LEAF SPRINGS 1960-69 -1973-1976 DODGE DART ,VALIANT, BARRACUDA | eBay
Nice work and progress Will!!!
I could put down x2 but it's really x1,000. BRAVO, Will.
Mighty fine, Wil. Mighty fine!
By some minor miracle I located a fellow who reproduced the base gasket's for my NOS dual rear antennas. It dosen't seem like there would be much of a demand for them. LOL.
Also a set of NOS champion plugs.
Any of y'all with a poly 318 that has the heat shields on the motor mounts, maybe you can help. On the left mount the heat shield has a tab on the forward end that aligns with the long mount bolt but has a space, (about 1 1/2"), I can't figure out what the purpose of the tab is......?
There is no information in the FSM or the factory parts book about it.
That doesn't look like a heat shield. Not from that angle anyway.
It is. It shields the rubber mount on the back side from manifold heat. There's one on both sides. It's one of those things that usually gets tossed if a mount gets changed, or the engine is R&R'ed. These came off the donor car. I took pictures but seem to have missed this detail.
Wil: That tab is lined up pretty close to the motor mount bolt. It appears there is something missing between the tab and the nut. Maybe there is supposed to be a longer bolt and a spacer in there somewhere. . . Is it on backwards?
Thanks Rip. Your right, I need a longer bolt and a spacer. Not sure what that's all about. It is installed correctly, the only way it can be installed.
Photo courtesy of Ken, (SGTFURY).
Sandblasting of Virgil's body is complete.
that's some impressive metal work.
Having Virgil sandblasted gave me a great reason to get out of the way of hurricane Sally. We spent Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday prepping and acid etching all the bare metal. This was a big step forward and will signal the beginning of finish body and paint.
Carburetor, (restored at Woodruffs), in place for a photo opp. Found an original forward look rotor and dist cap.
I also located a NORS dist advance for a 61 318 4 bbl, (power pack). As rare as the correct carburetor.