WHAT ? Another 61 Fury restroation......

View attachment 403293 View attachment 403294 Carburetor, (restored at Woodruffs), in place for a photo opp. Found an original forward look rotor and dist cap.
I also located a NORS dist advance for a 61 318 4 bbl, (power pack). As rare as the correct carburetor.

Will, I am always amazed at the level of restoration that you do to every single project you ever work on!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another week dedicated to Virgil. The front fenders, inner fenders, core support and other misc parts are now in filler primer ready to be blocked. Next week will be hood, deck lid and doors. The body shell is close. Some final work on the trunk floor, a few last repair items, body sealer and the entire bottom will be finished. Original was gray primer with overspray body color, (white), I'll resist the temptation to over restore and paint it all white.
Once we get past all that the Stub frame w/engine and trans can be bolted back and the rear axle, springs etc. go back and Virgil will be a roller, for the final time.

DSC06121.JPG

DSC06125.JPG

DSC06127.JPG

DSC06128.JPG

DSC06130.JPG

DSC06132.JPG

DSC06135.JPG

I maped the rear dual antenna mount area without the aid of a template. Had to guess a lot. I wouldn't recommend this for the weak of heart. LOL. Also had to map and drill the holes for the remote left mirror and mount holes for the right mirror as well.
The fenders came off a Savoy so I had to map and drill holes for the fender molding and Fury emblems.

DSC06122.JPG

DSC06123.JPG

I just spent a intense week prepping Virgil's firewall and under body for final paint.
Sanded the etch primer, sprayed a heavy coat of filler primer, sanded that. Made some final repairs. Sprayed the final white primer. Sanded that. The finish body color base/clear went on this morning.
I think my fingers are shorter now!

I'll head back up there after the Ocola show and start the final reassembly of the engine/stub frame and rear axle. this will be the 4th and final time assembling to a roller.

DSC06137.JPG

DSC06138.JPG

DSC06141.JPG

DSC06166.JPG

DSC06169.JPG

DSC06170.JPG

DSC06171.JPG

Just beautiful Will!

I can't wait to see it at Carlisle maybe.

And hope to get a ride in it.....

:thumbsup:

NICE! Just.of curiosity where are the the frame reinforcements for conv located? Or are they the same as the other models?

Your detail is impeccable, beautiful work Will.

Interesting enough, while perusing my 1966 service manual last night I found a template for a rear power antenna. There was a time early on in the restoration I though about adding option, so cool the '61 Fury had 2.

Your detail is impeccable, beautiful work Will.

Interesting enough, while perusing my 1966 service manual last night I found a template for a rear power antenna. There was a time early on in the restoration I though about adding option, so cool the '61 Fury had 2.

Thanks Mike. The dual antenna accessory on the 61 Plymouth were non-power. Although both are functional via a splitter.

Back