WHAT ? Another 61 Fury restroation......

Not much. It's been on the back burner for awhile. I've relocated recently, and that took, (still is), a lot of my effort. I'm anxious to get back to it again though. Will update the thread when I do.

Are you still near the coast?

I keep showing Will places around Fumbuck County but I think he's not ready yet for Tuesday night Line Dancing lessons. :lol:

After almost a year on hiatus's Virgil is back on the fast track. Body and paint are the focus.
Quarter panels worked, doors, deck lid, fitted. Working on the gaps, hood, fenders & doors.
Then prime, block and primary color cut in.

Some pic's.....

DSC00714.JPG

DSC00716.JPG

DSC00717.JPG

DSC00718.JPG

DSC00719.JPG

Virgil's body continues to take shape. pictures may seem redundant, but a lot of work has been performed between shots. Everything is aligned as it should be now. Looking to paint the interior area and trunk, and body from doors back by the end of next week.
DSC00732.JPG
DSC00719.JPG

DSC00733.JPG

DSC00736.JPG

DSC00740.JPG

DSC00735.JPG

DSC00739.JPG

While the body guru's are busy with Virgil I will be up getting the brakes done on my 64 Crew cab next week. I think I have everything needed to complete that project.

64 crew cab (Small).JPG

The '61 fury convertible will be an excellent participant for a Christmas parade. It would look good decorated with red and gold garland put fake presents in the back seats have stuffed Christmas bears in the back holding battery operated Christmas candles . Decorate the car with battery operated Christmas lights colored and clear ( blinking) drive it with the top down . I plan to do some Christmas parades with my '61 I even have a battery opereated star that is put on top of a tree but I glued that in a piece of card board . I might lay out some fake snow in the back window put a villiage in the back battery operated candles in the back 1 on each side . I will also put fake Christmas presents in the back seat covered with fake snow and have the bears sit on them but 2 will hold the battery operated Christmas candles then put the lights on the car , decorate it with silver and gold garland . I might put some fake snow on the outside . I like to get creative. When the car gets done you should bring it to Minor Hill, TN for the Christmas parade . The last I heard the parade will be at Night . The parade will be November 27th

Last edited:
Back