WHAT ? Another 61 Fury restroation......

That's good news, Will. I have these saved for you when you wrap up this project.

41mVvyw8wJL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing this beauty completed Will!

[QUOTE="Ripinator,

I was hoping you might put a coupla four-barrels on it and make that poly scream. You oughta go ahead and louver the hood too. QUOTE]

It's OK Rip. I'll just pretend I didn't read that. :BangHead:. :poke:Of the few that are left most are hacked up already. The single 4 bbl is much rarer then the dual 4's, and performs so much better.

Last edited:
My previous '61 was a 4bll carburator and on a mystery cruise which was over 200 miles I got 23mpg on my poly 318 and I filled the tank up with the 93 octane. Which I plan to run in my current '61 . The carb was an edelbrock.
Will you forgot to clean the tires

My previous '61 was a 4bll carburator and on a mystery cruise which was over 200 miles I got 23mpg on my poly 318 and I filled the tank up with the 93 octane. Which I plan to run in my current '61 . The carb was an edelbrock.
Will you forgot to clean the tires

Hi Steph. Those tires are just "rollers" so I could move the car around. There's a set of 7.60x14 wide whitewalls that will go on.

I spent most of yesterday wrenching on Virgil. The front clip is about ready to remove. The fellow who did the previous body & paint riveted and bondo'ed the lower front fenders to the rocker panels. Pass side is now freed up. I'll get the driver side next time. The battery was dead in my camera so pics next post.

DSC03941.JPG
DSC03942.JPG
DSC03943.JPG
DSC03944.JPG
DSC03945.JPG
Where are you doing this, Will?

I rented space in a shop up north of me owned by a great car guy who got excited when I told him what I wanted to do. Fully equipped shop with shop air, jacks, hoists, tire machines, etc. Its a clean, secure and private area with no public access. The body and paint shop is only a mile and a half away.

Some pic's..........

I wish I could have got to this car before the fellow who did the "restoration". The car is "at least" complete and intact but his procedures leave a lot to be desired. Need a bolt or screw...... just reach in the bucket. Double sided tape on some moldings that would likely support the weight of the car. It's gonna be a lot more fun assembling then the disassembly.

Some guy's commit a lot of sins when working on their cars, I am sure you will get all of those worked out during your resto Will. From the shop pic's it looks like a great place for your project.

I wish I could have got to this car before the fellow who did the "restoration". The car is "at least" complete and intact but his procedures leave a lot to be desired. Need a bolt or screw...... just reach in the bucket. Double sided tape on some moldings that would likely support the weight of the car. It's gonna be a lot more fun assembling then the disassembly.
Do not feel bad who ever did mine last did not do the restoration right . I will give you an example metal was welded over rusted metal. on my passenger rear fender panel. My dad cut out the rusted metal I applied por 15 and he welded on the new metal and did the grinding and applying the bondo I did the sanding

+1 emerald with maybe a 1 drop of pearl in it or something to richen it up deeper

Perhaps, I'm not much of a fan of pearl on older cars. Not period correct. I struggle with the two stage base/clear over straight enamel, although I know the results will be much better.

Back