what are the rarest cbodys 69-71

I missed the first debate! How does a 1970 Plymouth fury 111 convertible 440 with sport package , manual brakes and steering rate?
A06 Sport package was 1969 only
The only 440 option for a Fury III was E85, E86 and E87 were restricted to Sport Fury and Sport Fury GT. The GT with E87 are known as "V-Code" and as far as I know only a half dozen or so still exist, although none are still on the road.
The E85 engine option included Power Disc brakes. Don't know if it was possible to get any Fury with a 440 and manual brakes. A car that size would be a bear to stop.
As for rarity, any 70 Fury convertible is one of 1952 built and one with a 440 engine is one of an estimated 20 built. Surviving 440 convertibles like mine are one of only seven known to exist.
So 1 of 7 is rare enough for me.

IMG_2502f.jpg

A06 Sport package was 1969 only
The only 440 option for a Fury III was E85, E86 and E87 were restricted to Sport Fury and Sport Fury GT. The GT with E87 are known as "V-Code" and as far as I know only a half dozen or so still exist, although none are still on the road.
The E85 engine option included Power Disc brakes. Don't know if it was possible to get any Fury with a 440 and manual brakes. A car that size would be a bear to stop.
As for rarity, any 70 Fury convertible is one of 1952 built and one with a 440 engine is one of an estimated 20 built. Surviving 440 convertibles like mine are one of only seven known to exist.

View attachment 123235
What is the A06 code for 1970 fury??

A06 is air conditioning group for '70, it includes a 383 2bbl, tinted glass and ac. It states it's not available on Sport Fury GT or 440 6bbl.

[QFury440, post: 465406, member: 245"]A06 Sport package was 1969 only

View attachment 123235[/QUOTE]
Ok heres a photo of a 440 fury do my eyes deceive me or is that manual brakes!!! Wierd man
IMG_11431.jpg

Ok heres a photo of a 440 fury do my eyes deceive me or is that manual brakes!!! Wierd man

Man that's a strange looking engine compartment. Alternator loose in the corner, no rad, has pwr steering. Can't really tell from the photo what's going on with the brakes, certainly looks manual, but the booster could have been sold and the master cylinder was left hanging. Plus without checking the engine serial pad it's difficult to id a 440 vs a 383. Takes s pretty experience eye to just look to make a positive id. But, it could be a manual brake 440 with power steering and AC. Why would anyone order that combo?

I have a '69 CHP package Polara (not used by CHP, but another department). Soon, I'll have photos. I think its pretty rare.

you know it already, it is the old Santa Clarita car which had a lightbar on the roof

Carsten

Back