What are these disc brakes from?

@JimmyRich - It looks your car came with drum brakes - I could be wrong but I think B5 is the code for front drum brakes.

In terms of what is on there now and helping you with the parts you're trying to source, it would help to see pictures of the front spindle assemblies - I get the funny feeling that there is some sort of homemade/modified spindle and caliper mounting system to mount these a body calipers. There is a good possibility that a body rotors were used as well - perhaps with some sort of bearing spacer setup.

As we all know, and Detmatt and Ross have added their considerable wisdom to the equation, 99.8 % of 1966 Plymouth Sport Fury s came with Drum Brakes from the factory.... the other 0.2 % had the BUDD System--- which this clearly is --- N O T --- (Many more Chryslers and Imperials had the BUDD Disc Brakes in 1966)

I have invited Jimmy Rich to call me, a few days ago, when this thread began, but so far,he has not called... There are TWO (2) Disc Brake Pads on the planet that look like the blurry picture (different pad, different length -- can be Verified easily,
As I have BOTH of them in *** N.O.S. *** Asbestos ***)

So, I will square him away, when he calls..... Craig......

We know you will, and so we hope that he does call you because we all know that you are the right guy to call.

:thumbsup:

For me it's more now the interest in finding out how the heck those calipers are being used in the C Body spindle geometry... and if it's a bad or shoddy (and therefore dangerous) modification, then it's incumbent upon us to let that person know that even with those brakes in operating condition they may be dangerous if they're not mounted securely to the car and may not be up to the task help stopping that car effectively.

If Mopar had figured that the A body caliper could stop a C body then the penny-pinchers would have been all over that, and that's what we would have seen as the factory brake system on disc brake equipped C bodies back then. So I'm quite intrigued as something's not quite right with that car...

It should be noted that the Kelsey Hayes 4-piston calipers were hardly unique to A-body mopars. They were used on Corvettes & Mustangs as memory serves & likely others. Perhaps this was some long forgotten conversion from years past. It would be great to see some good pics of the setup. The Budds were kind of overkill for the day, I'm sure the KH brakes would stop a C if properly set up.

NO ONE EVER converted to 4 piston Caliper set ups --- remembered or "forgotten".....

Interesting! I'd LOVE to see it, so I hope we get some revealing images. A forgotten conversion - I'd be really interested!
I’m headed out shortly to get better pics of my 66 SF debacle on front disc brake/spindle/caliper/rotor setup

7C6EAE32-1D1E-482D-9B25-BD3004D36B94.jpeg

CB9F408B-2E03-4D72-83CB-F74EA2E3388A.jpeg

B05CA8D6-1F10-4ED5-96A0-9E8C6ED3C0B1.jpeg

Stainless steel brake company. Someone installed their disc brake conversion kit. New pads should be available. And like many kits we've been seeing lately, the hose routing isn't optimal, the stainless braiding does helps with that.

And while I was wrong about those being Budds, that is definitely the original drum/drum master cylinder. A proportioning valve has been installed to compensate. Possibly as part of the kit?

How were the brakes working before you went to change the pads?

It should be noted that the Kelsey Hayes 4-piston calipers were hardly unique to A-body mopars. They were used on Corvettes & Mustangs as memory serves & likely others. Perhaps this was some long forgotten conversion from years past. It would be great to see some good pics of the setup. The Budds were kind of overkill for the day, I'm sure the KH brakes would stop a C if properly set up.
I can confirm that K-H calipers came on Mustangs, as I have a late 65 with them stock. They are manual and work very well.

Stainless steel brake company. Someone installed their disc brake conversion kit. New pads should be available. And like many kits we've been seeing lately, the hose routing isn't optimal, the stainless braiding does helps with that.

And while I was wrong about those being Budds, that is definitely the original drum/drum master cylinder. A proportioning valve has been installed to compensate. Possibly as part of the kit?

The brakes would stop pretty well just went away when pad peeled apart playing with my line-loc.

The brakes would stop pretty well just went away when pad peeled apart playing with my line-loc.

Bingo 3c & a d. further search revealed this. Now I just hafta find pads and
I will be cruising in no time lol
Thanks everyone, that was fun, kinda.

CEC6FAFB-F4EA-49E1-B0C3-1CF8D6D5CE20.png

Maybe one the members whom is also a good parts detective knows the replacement pad part # and will share and I will be grateful. Thanks
Although I'm not the person you're referring to, if you search for pad # D11 you'll find many choices. You could also go with NOS per suggestions if that's your inclination.

Porterfield makes excellent brake pads. I have used them on my 65 Mustang and drove that car at Willow Springs and they worked very well.

Back